cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile 7.1 - Online application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm currently working with NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, using ECC 4.6 as backend system.

My requisite is to build an application that is composed by two different part. One is the offline application, that is the standard use of xApps: user can work offline.

When a connection is detected, the application switched to "online mode", that is

- extends to other functionalities, like user administration, possibility to contact support etc. This section is available only if the device is connected, and should appear to the user like an online portal.

- user can synchronize mobile data with backend system data, that includes send orders to ECC and receive approved orders. This should work like it is directly connected to the central database, that is the user does not manually synchronize anymore, and the changes should be visible in real time.

My question is: how to implement a scenario like that one?

Is technically possible to change from an "occasionally connected" application like NWM 7.1, to an online application? Maybe changing the web server localhost address to the another one that points to the central DB?

Or performing a batch synchronization every few second? Or maybe there are webservices that allow data exchange from the mobile server to external applications?

Points will be awarded

Thanks, regards

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayani,

thank you for your answer.

I'm referring to Laptop application.

I have a doubt regarding synchronization interval: does data integrity is preserved? I explain: if I have save an order during background synchronization, the order will be saved without issues? Or I may experience data loss?

In addition, background synchronization will result in many requests to the AS, and I fear that the application will significantly slow.

Can you help me with these things?

Fabio

0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I fully understand your concern, yes the data integrity is preserved.

no data loss is encountered. As of now it is only possible for MAXDB and not for DB2e. All the lock features are taken care off.

As the name suggests background synchronization is similar to manual, only that it is triggered in the background.In the manual sync you have to enter the password everytime. Here in background sync the password is taken automatically (thats the reason your sync password and DOE password should be same or else you have to give it in the default.properties of the client). All the security aspects are same as the manual sync.

Regards,

Narayani

Edited by: Narayani on Jul 12, 2008 9:07 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Narayani,

I think you gave me all the informations that I need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I kind of having the same question as you. May I ask how you solved this?

Regards Camilla

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you referring to Laptop application or PDA?

In Laptop mobile client you do have a background synchroniztion option where you can set the synchronization interval? so as and when the connection is available the application would change a online client.

Regards,

narayani