cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder groups and authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need advise on using this feature in SolMan. Will this help in restricitng authorizations at the business process structure by the users.

Thanks in advance.

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You may have already come across this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/46/925956b3f519ade10000000a11466f/content.htm

From my experience, the only findings are:

Template Project documents seem to get into SOLAR00 while Project-specific documents get into folders by the name of the Project itself.

By restricting choice to a particular Implementation Project, perforce, you also restrict the user to the Folder that contains all documents of that project.

I do not know of a way in which some Document Types alone (of a Project) can point to a different Folder.

For Testing alone, there is a brief exception - possibility to store Test Notes/ Attachmetns into a separate folder.

Please check for this in IMG - SAP SolMan -> Config -> Scenario specific settings -> Testing -> Test Documentation (Notes) -> Create Folder for Test Documentation

One other suggestion you may like to consider is to go for SolMan Enterprise edition and implement Digital Signature in it. Even without such digitial signature, it still allows for 'Locking' or 'Unlokcing' the structure, tabs etc.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

If you look at the scope tab in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN transaction then there is a functionality through which you can restrict the extent to which project team members cn work on the business blueprint.

Locking options

Edit Structure: If you select the checkbox, you cannot place project structure elements in and out of scope or enhance structure.

(ii) Edit structure, change document, and in the administration tab: You cannot edit project structure elements and modify documentation and administrative data.

For project administartion all documents withflag Business Blueprint relevant are protected in SOLAR01 as well as SOLAR02.

Hope this anwers your query. Please assign points and let me know if you need anything specific.

Rgds

Manish