Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro Debugging

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I need to debug my WDPJ application.

Everything looks fine: ports are ok, debug mode is ON, the AS is single server, telnet test towards <host>:50021 succeeds.

However it happens that the debugger gets stuck during connection phase: establishing connection

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might try this:

Open Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Debug

In the "Communication" section, increase the timeout settings by a factor of 10.

Armin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what is the solution for this issue? i see that this issue is answer but i didn't know what is the solution for this issue. Please share if you have it. I currently run into the same situation.

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

See previous post.

Regards

Vincenzo

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

refer this link for debugging a web dynpro application

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/849170e3-0601-0010-d59e-ddfce735fac5]

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After turning the debug mode ON on your server, did you restart your server? If no, then restart your server once.

Also check that if you behind a firewall then your debugging port is open for you.

Regards,

Murtuza

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all, thanks for replying

I can correctly telnet the host/port, so the firewall should be ok.

The debugger is just stuck when connecting.

How long does it usually take to connect? seconds, minutes?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be quick enough. It hardly takes sometime( 1sec or 2 sec). There is some security thing for sure that is blocking you from accessing that port. I am not sure if there is some other thing installed on your machine that is using the same port.

Regards,

Murtuza