cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost information in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to estimate shipment (transportation) costs during order creation. My shipment cost is based on HU. When I create a shipment cost document it gives me the correct shipment cost, but when I use the shipment cost simulation functionality in the sales order, it does not calculate the HU. I used the packing proposal functionality.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Izi Rozow

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali,

I did go through SAP documentation before I posted the question. I am a 10 year SAP SD veteran with several years experience as an instructor. I have instructed and implemented shipment costs multiple times. I am pretty sure my customizing is correct. When I create the shipment cost document it does calculate the handling unit correctly, but when I try to estimate shipment cost in the sales order it ignores the handling unit. I must be missing something small. Iu2019ll keep working on it and hopefully find the solution.

Thanks again and best regards

Izi Rozow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear izi

two years 2 late i'm facing the same problem ,

did you finaly get the solution for shipment cost information by handling units ?

i'm trying to calculate shIpment cost by containers ( type of handling units : in the sales order -> packing proposal ) .

i saw in the delivery ( if i open it manually ) that the packing material it transferred OK.

W H A T am i missing ?

regards .

asa .

former_member291181
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Izi and Asa;

Did you find the solution for this issue? I am facing the same problem. My freight cost works fine during shipment cost document creation and in the shipment document simulation but not in the sales order.

Cheers,

Jan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just not sure if the system tries to create any HU at all. If you create a packaging proposal or activate automatic packing in the delivery - I can't see anything of the HU in the log.

Juergen

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you can define a condition and you can use a VOFM to calculate this estimation. Info structures S050 to S055 will help you for this requirement.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eduardo but this is not what i am looking for. SAP has standard functionality for shipment cost estimation in the sales order. It gives me good results for general shipment costs but it does not seem to be able to recognize the No. of packages. Maybe because packing in the sales order is only a proposal and not actual packing.

Thanks again

Izi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Izi,

Please go through this SAP help links it will help you about How to calculate shipment cost per handling unit and Shipment cost information in the sales order.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/7440d3546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/83/218ac8068a11d2bf5d0000e8a7386f/frameset.htm

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.