cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a quick question regarding partner profiles.

You define them for logical systems for whom you want to exchange data with right.

So lets say you have a situation where your source system sends MATMAS for example but this has to go to two separate SAP systems.

Well obviously it is no problem in PI you simnply specify 2 receivers.

But My question is in the source SAP system... you obviously want this to go to two separate logical systems so you define the partner profiles for each separate receiver system with the outbound MATMAS idoc.

Does this mean that two IDocs will becreated and sent to PI twice?

If so how do we stop that from happening?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought that might be the answer but...

What about for inbound IDocs you want them to be specific to the logical system so then you should maintain separate partner profiles for the inbound is that correct?

Is this really tthe way to go using XI as the target for outbound? seems like a bit of a hack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While posting the data from XI to R/3 , we have to maintain the Inbound parameters in the Partner Profile.

This will be applicable One LS for One R/3 system is enough irrespective of any number of Idocs

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many approaches that can be taken with this and to be honest every project has its own preference.

One Approach is the PI fits all as in just maintain the PI Partner profile for both Inbound and Outbound parameters. This has inherent issues not least the fact that you cannot therefore maintain good processing logic on the SAP side especially for inbound.

Imagine a scenario where you need to process an IDoc in a specific way which is dictated by the sneder system. Well this is more difficult using the above approach. But If you use one partnet profile for each logical system/partner then you will be able to implement this logic based on alookup of the sender in the control segment.

Another is to use PI for all outbound whilst maintianing different for the inbound side which would get rid of the above problem.

This approach is OK but again by no means perfect.

I personally like the approach of Using Logical systems in the strict sense of the word and if you have an issue whereby multiple IDocs are created then you can stop duplication to the receivers by implement conditional routing on the Control Record.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Partner is here XI.

So you have to create One partner in R/3 and to that partner only u have to send the Idocs.

From XI we can do the routing for the different receivers

No need to create Two partners in R/3

REgards

Seshagiri