SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error: address is inconsistent - street XX NNN does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ISU experts,

I got the above message when trying to print an invoice( starting from t-code EC20).

The error message came out differently if I started from CICO.

How do I make correction to street NNN( our street codes are always 4 digits) in the Business Partner record. Or is there any other way to resolve this.

This happens only to one particular Business Partner. Some of my colleague suspect data corruption.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Saidin B.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not expert in FI-CA module and don't know if there are for FI-CA some other dependecies and controls during invoicing phase for address of BP.

I have just only one idea ... to control if on your system isn't active some controls for address that's important during (maybe) during entering address values for new customer.

You can check this some controls in street number in transaction SR22 (Utilities Industry -> Regional Structure -> Postal -> Street), then choose your problem street and then click in GUI Toolbar on button Post. street section. On the next screen check in table if there you have some rules for number arrays of street.

If this will be your situation then you have only 3 reasons (that is known to me) how to solve this problem

1) swith off these global address controls

2) repair street number

3) add to street number rules another one thats fit for your street number

Maybe this situation was caused by the migrate all data address structures of customer to system with not active controls for this values. After that when admin switch it on you met this problem. Like i remembered onetimes it was funny. Many call-center guys have problem to view customers that have bad address

Edited by: Radim Stefek on Jul 11, 2008 9:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Radim Stefek,

Thanks so much. I am also not an expert user, just doing support to our end-users. You suggestion to display the list of streets (from TCode SR22) helped me realized and confirmed that this particular street is not present (reason is yet to be found out). I asked our end-user to change the street address to a valid one, and yes... the problem is solved. THANKS.