Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is RFC to File.

I added a new parameter to an RFC in my R/3 server, then I deleted the old RFC imported definition and I uploaded again with the new definition.

After that I refreshed all the caches (In sxi_cache, then the SLD cache from IB, and finally all the available caches in PI administrator)

Finally I've used the RFC to send data from R3 to the file but in the inbound message payload there isn't the information of the parameter that I've added recently...

What else can I do to receive the data?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wilsonrsantos
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal Oliveras !

I think you can solve this problem by two ways, as I already done: you can enter in the Integration Directory and edit the Sender RFC Communication Channel, only to need to activate it in the change list, make something like add a space in the description of the communication channel and save it, so go to the Change Lists and activate the change list containing this change.

Another way is goes to the Communication Channel Monitoring(Runtime Workbench->Component Monitoring), find the Sender RFC Communication Channel, stop it and start it again.

As I could observe, the RFC Adapter seems to maintain some cache of the RFC function formats, so, when you change parameters of RFC Functions, you need to refresh this, and these 2 ways I explained, always solved this to me.

Thank you for your attention, and I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wilson!

I stoped and started the communication channel in Runtime Workbench and it worked!

It's good to know that because It's not the first time that I have that problem and the other times I changed the name of the RFC in R3 to update the changes in XI... (very bad solution if the RFC is used in other scenarios than mine)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

delete the old rfc from import and then re-upload the rfc (see if it is remote enabled)

also check all the mappings of u r in bound and outbound interface reflecting the same imported rfc parameters.

hope this wud be helpful

rgds

srini

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Create a TCP IP connection on your sender SAP System. The program Id you create in the TCP IP connection should be the same you give in the Sender RFC adapter in XI.

2. In the sender RFC adapter, give same program Id as step 1 and then give the details of your Sender SAP system.

Check this blog for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the RFC you made is Remote Eanbled or not

Check in Se37

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry sorry I didn't explain well the situation.

My scenario RFC 2 File was already working, I simply updated my RFC adding a new parameter.

Now the sceranrio keeps working but the new parameter is not in the inbound message payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you Re-Imported that Modified RFC again into your IR or Not(Under Imported Objects)

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, and then I refreshed all the caches like I told in 1st post message. And the RFC definition is well updated on IB but when I send the data from R3 to PI, looks like the new parameter data is not sended and the payload looks like the old RFC version