cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : default parameter for the input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me the default parameter for the input field. I need the default parameter for the parameter mapping for on action. I wrote the below code in the ModifyView, if i gave some other paramter it is showing following error.

"com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDIllegalArgumentException: Parameter input not found "

IWDInputField inputField = (IWDInputField)view.getElement("InputField1");

inputField.mappingOfOnEnter().addParameter("input",1);

inputField.mappingOfOnEnter().addSourceMapping("input","element");

What is the default parameter for the input field ?..

Regards,

Suresh.T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are trying to do parameter mapping for the onEnter action for the inputfield. The error here means that you need to have a parameter for the onActionEnter method for the inputfield of some type. I dont know for what purpose you are doing this. So add a parameter with exact name as "input" of relevant type as per your requirement.

Hope this helps.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually i am using a Tree by Nesting Table column in my application where i map a default parameter path to my parameter in the onLoadChildren action. I have a requirement in the same UI like , there is an input field in one of the columns of the table. when i enter some number in the input field and press enter , some child elements are created as many as the input given. Hence i need to do some parameter mapping.Please give me a possible solution.

if(firstTime)

{

IWDTreeByNestingTableColumn tableColumn = (IWDTreeByNestingTableColumn)view.getElement("MasterColumn1");

tableColumn.mappingOfOnLoadChildren().addSourceMapping("path","element");

inputField.mappingOfOnEnter().addParameter("input",1);

inputField.mappingOfOnEnter().addSourceMapping("input","element");

}

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need only nodeElement

if(firstTime)

{

IWDTreeByNestingTableColumn tableColumn = (IWDTreeByNestingTableColumn)view.getElement("MasterColumn1");

tableColumn.mappingOfOnLoadChildren().addSourceMapping("path","element");

inputField.mappingOfOnEnter().addSourceMapping("nodeElement","element");

}

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks nikhil, my problem is solved. I ll get back in case i have any issues further

Answers (0)