cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish HTML to xMII 12.0 and system performance is poor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having an issue since we upgraded to 12.0. When I publish my page to MII, the whole system slows down. This lasts forever. ( 2 - 3 minutes) And then the HTML pages return to normal processing speed.

As I develop, I publish many times in one day or even an hour. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to "fix" it? Any settings/changes?

Thank you,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK -

I guess cut and paste it into the workbench? I'm using Frontpage as my editor.

Michelle

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Depending on your setup, you can also execute it from FrontPage as well, but you are better off doing it from the workbench. I do a lot of my development inside the workbench rather than using FrontPage, although I still like using the wizards addin from 11.5 for quickly generating applets on occasion and figuring out the various methods and properties from script assistant. But even there I am quickly getting used to simply copying from existing applets on other pages. It will be nice when we get the wizards in the workbench in 12.1, so even that issue will go away.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you -

I tried cut/paste and it works great. I'll be very happy when they get a good editor. Syntax check would be a wonderful thing to have too!

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version 12.1 adds the wizards into the workbench, but it is still basically a text editor. If you use a lot of the features of FrontPage or Dreamweaver, you can always copy and paste back and forth. Publishing is the more correct way to go according to the gurus, but the way you are developing (my way also) makes that a bit cumbersome.

Glad I could help. Have fun.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well - maybe publishing a lot not the right thing to do.

It's my development system. The way I program is by pieces. I do the first change. Publish. Test to see if there are any errors. If there are errors, I correct and then publish again.

Next - I add the next part of requirements and then publish again.

I will publish a lot if I'm having trouble with a piece of code.

I don't know of anyway to test my HTML page prior to publishing.

Michelle

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michelle,

Instead of publishing, test it within the workbench. Find the pipewrench icon button and hit it. That will launch your webpage from the workbench without publishing. You should see any problems right there. Give it a try. Once you have finished your html (irpt?) development, then you can publish.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 10, 2008 3:06 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michelle,

I first have to ask why are you publishing so frequently? That might be the right thing to do, but there may also be other ways to accomplish your goals.

Mike