SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Booking

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to customize my system to handle mass booking.

Could anybody help me in doing so. How to use Cohorts and Cohort builder effectively.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

We had a similar requirement earlier.At that point of time,we created an upload program (ABAP) to book a set of students to modules.This is one option if you are not able to figure out the cohort functionality.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I suggest that you read the documentation on the report RHIQCOH00 and look at the necessary steps in the IMG. It should give you an overview.

Jeroen

0 Kudos

Hi ,

The question is whether mass module booking can be carried out by the functinality of cohorts ? or any other way ...

By customization (Z) it can be done , can u share any documents on cohorts other than help.sap.com .

Kindly help us the usage of cohorts in functionality wise ?

Regards

Gajalakshmi

Edited by: Gajalakshmi Kannappan on Aug 13, 2008 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This depends on the release you are on. Below is an extract from the documentation that should answer your question. If you have more specific questions, let me know.

Jeroen

Mass Module Booking

You can use the Cohort builder for mass module bookings. From the context objects of a cohort 'offerings' are created, that is, the cohort builder realizes, which study modules, events, event packages and time-independent events belong together in certain academic sessions and years. Ideally all students of the cohort should be booked on all offerings of the cohort for the academic terms in question. The system analyses, which of these bookings are already exist on the database and which ones have to be created. The user can carry out the already missing module bookings. You can do this even as a test and decide afterwords whether to save the module bookings to the database or not.

To execute the mass module booking you need to execute two steps:

Once you have selected a Cohort, press the 'Module Booking' button in the toolbar. The tab 'Bookings' will display all bookings available for the Students of this Cohort.

To analyze the missing bookings, press the button next to the 'Module Booking' button (Complete Module Bookings for a certain Cohort). Now missing/need bookings are added and can be seen in the tab 'Bookings'. To save the Bookings, press the 'save' button.

Module bookings should always be handled by cohorts of the context 'Module Booking' ('0001'). If - besides the study modules - event packages and/or events are involved, we recommend to arrange the events/event packages in sub-cohorts, whereas the corresponding study modules should be arranged in the (upper) main cohorts. Students should be members of the sub-cohorts, if they should be booked on the events/event packages.

Module bookings can be performed by the cohort builder, but the cohorts are not updated by the module booking application. Mass booking cancellations and booking changes cannot been done by the cohort builder yet.

0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the answers .

To have the module booking functionality to be used by the cohort functionality ,

1. Whats the release should we have ?

2. Do u mean the Module Booking is present in the toolbar of cohort builder ?

Its not available in PIQCOHOO .

Kindly let me know .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am gonna reverse your questions:

2. Do u mean the Module Booking is present in the toolbar of cohort builder? It's not available in PIQCOHOO .

--> If it is not available on the Toolbar, then you're not on the correct release.

1. Whats the release should we have?

--> Enhancement Package 3 or higher

Jeroen

0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Ok fine. Thanks for your prompt answers.

I hope EHP3 would be made available in service market place.

Let me revert if there are any issues .

Regards

Gajalakshmi