cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in file to file scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement a simple integration scenario in XI, where we pick an XML file and then post an Idoc into SAP based on the contents.

When executing the scenario the file adapter is picking up the file , but then it results in some Java connection error.

Here is the error log I got.

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW.

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue.

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection AFW. Returning to application.

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue.

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success File "
10.31.8.215\xifile\outbound\xi_output1.txt" set to 'read-only' after processing

2006-01-02 15:03:25 Success The message status set to DLNG.

<b>2006-01-02 15:03:46 Error Transmitting the message to endpoint http://10.31.8.213:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect.</b>

The IP of our integration server is : 10.31.8.215 but in the error message I find the endpoint ip comes as : 10.31.8.213.

Can anyone suggest what could be the reason behind this error. I think during installation some wrong IP might have got entered, but I am unable to trace out the location where IP addresses for file addresses can be checked.

This error I am getting only while using file adapter to read a file. While writing a file its working perfectly.

Regards

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several places in which you can correct this URL. The most important is in SLD (and the only one I'm finding now :-).

Go to SLD, Business Landascape and select your XI instance. In the properties, you can find "Pipeline URL", which is the one Adapter Framework uses to send XML messages to the Integration Engine.

Maybe a J2EE instance (or whole) restart could be helpful after this change.

Let me know.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

It worked.

Regards

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen.

Start checking the file adapter.

1.Go to the RWB and check wether the file adapter is with green light.

2.then go to Configuration time and check the address of the File system server you want to put the file in.

3.Another possibility is the maybe the host file of the server is configured with strange IP address.

4.Another possibility is Cach refresh if you maid changes on the Configuration time and they weren't implemented in the XI .

5.delete and re-create the communication channel....

Hope one of this will work.

Good Luck

Nimrod

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praven,

Don't waste your time to check the 5 points Nimrod suggested.

Sorry Nimrod but what you say could be hardly connected to Praven issue. I had the same problem and the mistake was in SLD, pipeline URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alessandro.

There is no substitute to previous experience in the exact problem.

My points would probably be the first things i would check and SLD offcourse if I encountered this problem for the first time.

All I wanted is to give is some ways to check the issue and eliminate the possibilities

And thanks again for the post.

Nimrod