cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 4.0 Service Desk Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company is trying to implement Service Desk to replace the current multiple help-desk tools in many of our geographical locations. The intention is to use Service Desk as one Global tool for SAP and Non-SAP incidents.

Despite being a global solution we still require the ability for calls to be reported on per region and tickets to be routed to regional support staff. For example we have a global network team, but also a network team based in Europe, Asia, Africa, S.America and N.America.

An european based network issue should be routed to the European network team rather than anywhere else.

What is the best method from within Service Desk to create a regionalized structure.

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input guys. I think this one is going to involve some research and it looks like there is not a standard config in Service Desk to cater for this requirement.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are about to do the same - and this is really an interesting question. I doubt that there´s a possibility to do that "by default".

How do you plan to deal with the communication to the users creating the ticket? If you e. g. send a status report to the user - or a question by a generated mail, how does the answer get back into solution manager? Or does the processor of the message copy and paste it manually?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I just want to add that I have exactly the same issue, especially the updating of the ticket with additional information received from the creator. We have investigated all avenues we could think of but have not found any way apart from service desk operators doing it manually on behalf of creators.

In terms of a regionalised structure we created customer fields on the BP records for location (plant and business area) to at least see where the creator of the ticket is residing. This is crucial because the business processes in our environment differs from country and even locations within countries. These fields are unfortunately maintained manually, but at least service desk operators has visibility. Because these fields are custom developed we need a further development to route tickets to support teams automatically according to region or location - something we have not done yet.

Any experience anyone has with this will be highly appreciated.