cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Requisites of Local Client copy??

Former Member

Hi All,

I will be doing local client copy at my Development server.What are the pre-requisites of Local Client copy??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

The Local client copy does not require a RFC connection since the tables to be read & updated during the client copy are in the same database. As you have already agreed in case of the Remote client copy the tables to be read for the the client copy exist in a separate system/Database, hence we need a RFC connection.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanujit..That's the answer I was looking for..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more point i am adding additon to Sanujit

The Client copy will delete the existing data from the table prior to copying the data to the table.

Thanks

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ashley,

following are the prerequisites for local client copy:::

1) check the source client size::

run report rstablesize for this and check enough space is available on ur target system.

2) lock all the users in the source client.(use ewz5)

3) client copy must be started from the target system, so login into the target system using sap* and pass.

4) select the profile which u want to copy.

5) start client copy (local) using sccl.( perform test run before starting).

6) check scc3 for the client copy logs.

i hope ur problem will be solved with this information...........

regards,

bhupesh

Edited by: mudari bhupesh on Jul 10, 2008 1:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering if it is required that all users must be logged off from source system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

Thank you so much for such a detailed description about the pre-requisite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to make sure whether enough space is available in Table Spaces or not. For this, first you have to perform Test-run which will shows you the size required. Once if you are sure that enough space is available, then you can go-ahead. No other precautions required.

Regards,

N.Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amarnath..But apart from space is there anything I need to check??As I need to do local clent copy whether RFC is required or not??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For local client copy, rfc destination is not necessary. Please check your copy profile SAP_ALL, SAP CUST etc. And choose correct profile according to data which you need on target client. Also, there must be enough space on your tablespaces.

Regards,

Arzu Kosdemir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are going to perform local client copy(SCCL), you donu2019t required to think of RFCs(Remote client copy requires the successful RFC connection) and you need not to bother about TMS configuration(Client Export & Import requires the TMS configured).

Only thing you need to take care is Table spaces and also the space in Archive log directories. During the client copy system may generate Meany logs depends upon the profile you are selecting (If you are going to use SAP_ALL - 'All Client-Specific Data' or SAP_APPL - 'Customizing and Application Data' profiles DB will generate Meany logs which causes the filled Archive log directories).

Another way you can switch off the Archive log using BRTOOLS temporarily.

Regards,

N.Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath,

you say that Local Client does not require RFC so how is data transferred in LOcal client copy??Why in Remote client copy you require RFC but not in Local Client copy??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

RFC is abbreviation of Remote Function Call.

So it is obvious that there is no need of Remote Function Call when the client copy is local

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu..But then how is data transferred in Local Client Copy??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

Very good question. I am not able to answer that.

Probably we might have to dig the SCCL source code to exactly know how its happening. Unfortunately we cannot

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu Thanks for the honest answer...Anyone can help me answering my doubt..