cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal integration of Webdynpro for ABAP application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there someone who can give me the steps for integrating a Webdynpro for ABAP application with portal?

I need to know what exactly needs to be done on the webdynpro side and the portal side. I have read many documents on help.sap.com, but not able to do it

thanks,

kavitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently doing this. We did not find an easy way to do this.

We changed the ABAP program so that its functionality can be addressed using a RFC.

Then we rebuilt the user interface using web dynpro technology. The RFC functionality was then imported using a model import wizard. It took us quite some time.

I still wonder if it is not possible to do this in an easier way.

In the (near?) future ABAP web dynpro's will be introduced to NetWeaver, you could wait for this development too and see if it offers an easier way to convert ABAP code into dynpro's.

Good luck!

Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi roelof,

I think you misunderstood my question. I want to integrate an application developed using Webdynpro for ABAP with portal.

kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a WebDynpro iView.. give its namesspace.. and application name..

And in the next screen,it will ask for definition type//ABAP or Java.. Select abap.

and continue. !

The ABAP system must be defined in the system landscape.. and select a system which will connect to the ABAP system, while you are mentioning the application name.

(system: system which connects to the backend)

(Namespace :sap )

This should give you a Web Dynpro iView in portal.

Never tried this.. But this should work.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R - Info added !

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have created portal iViews for webdynpro ABAP applications. I assume you have to have a recent support package version to have the ABAP option in the WebDynpro iView Screen.

I have a weblog on the subject right here:

<a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/12/15/portal-eventing-a-solution-for-global-peace-and-harmony Eventing; A Solution for Global Peace and Harmony?</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thomas,

I'm doing the same steps as mentioned in your blog. But before that when i define my SAP R/3 system in the system landscape the connection test to the system fails. what could be the reason for this?

I think for the same reason my iview is not diplayed on the page in which it is embedded.

kavitha

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm sure a connection test failure in the system landscape would be the problem. How did you define the system in the system landscape - manually or by importing the data? Can you get any error details from the connection test?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thomas,

I defined the system manually, i don't know how to do it by importing data.

i get the following errors for the connection tests:

<b>Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:</b>

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the back-end application using the connector defined in this system object

<b>Results</b>

Retrieval of default alias successfully

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct

<b>SAP Web AS Connection

Test Details:</b>

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Check that the system object defines an SAP system

2. Validate the following parameters: wap.WAS.protocol; wap.WAS.hostname

3. Check the HTTP/S connection to the defined back-end application

<b>Results</b>

1. The system object represents an SAP system.

2. The following parameters are valid: wap.WAS.protocol (https) ; wap.WAS.hostname (PWDF2149_BEA_11)

3. HTTP/S connection failed. Make sure the protocol, host name, and user mapping are correctly defined.

I got the various connection parameters from the sytem properties. I'm not sure where i have gone wrong

kavitha