cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine XI party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still trying to implement an IDoc to RosettaNet scenario. It seems to work fine until the last step, the sending of the PIP message. In Message Monitoring I get the following error.

Delivering to channel: PIP3B2_V0100_Shipper_Send_AdvanceShipmentNotification

Error Unable to determine XI party '. ' party not configured for party schema DUNS, party agency 016

Error occurred in CPA Facade processing. -

Could not find party configuration for Party\=;PartySchema\=DUNS;PartyAgency\=016. -
Party found to be null or empty : Could not find party configuration for Party\=;PartySchema\=DUNS;PartyAgency\=016.

The communication channel (type rnif adapter, receiver) belongs to party "TestParty" which has a duns specified. But it seems the system is looking for another party or duns? I have no idea where. It also doesn't make any difference whether I fill in something in tab identifiers of the communication channel or not.

I'll reward points for any helpful answer.

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a party representing the DUNS number, this will identify the party details from where the messageis received. You can check the name of the sender & receiver party from the Idoc that you are pushing.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the answers so far.

You can check the name of the sender & receiver party from the Idoc that you are pushing

this might be the problem.

the idoc is delivered from the sap system to pi via a business system without a party as the idoc adapter doesn't need a party.

Therefore I only have a the receiving party specified, to which the communication channel sending the pip message belongs. Do I need another party somewhere else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still having the same problem.

Is it possible that it is mandatory for sending RosettaNet Messages to have a sender and a receiver Party?

If yes, how can I achieve that when my source message is an Idoc where I don't have a Party for.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the same problem can you please let us know how did you solve your problem if you have already solved this.

Thanks in advance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A communication party (party for short) represents a larger unit, which is involved in a collaborative process. Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a cross-company process.

You can assign a communication party one or more services to address it as the sender or receiver of messages.

When you create the communication party you give it an arbitrary name. This name uniquely identifies the communication party in the Integration Directory (internally).

Have a look into these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/81/104bb1fbab254c8644877c7f856bbf/frameset.htm

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer these blogs

regards,

surya