cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Standard Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i make use of the standard repositories provided by SAP like vendor or material. Can anybody tell me the procedure for the same.

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have loaded the standard material and vendor repositories into the server and trying to open the repository from import manager to import data from excel.

while loading the repository i am not able to get throught the user Admin it says invalid password, is there any default password that comes when the repository is unarchived from the installation CD,

Is so please let me know

Regards

Balakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BalaKrishna,

By default a <b>User name Admin with No Password</b> is created when ever a new repository is created.

So please check the Password for Admin in the <b>Console>Repository Name> Admin-->Users</b>

U can unload repository n change the password for User

If the password for the Admin is not changed in the console then u can login using the password as blank.

Hope this solves ur problem.

Regards,

<b>Rashmi Jadhav</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Thank you for your reply, however i have already tried the steps and it dosent work, i have also created a new user and tried to load the repository in Import manager using that user name and password the screen freezes,

Let me know is there any other approach or patch to be uploaded,

Regards

Balakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

You need to mound your MDM Server First.

Later the imp is you need to copy "Vendordemo.a2a" into your c:\programfiles\sapmdm55\server\archives".

Unless you copy this file in the respective file the Unarchive tool will not list any repositories of Vendordemo.

This will automatically creates and unarchives the Vendordemo repository. Later use "Update Repository option" then Load the Repository.

Now you are ready with Vendor Demo System.

Good Luck.

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The answer for this is the combination of the solution provided by Rajani and Alexander.

You need place these a2a files in the C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Archives folder .

Then log in to MDM console .Mount the MDM server.

1.Right click on the server.

2.You will find an option to Mount repository.

3.Choose the DBMS Server.Enter the log in name and password

4.Give a name to the repository.choose the a2a file of your choice .(Example :To Mount vendor repository, choosethe a2a file for vendor).

Hope this helps

Regards,

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

The answer for the same starts with opening the MDM console, where u have to mount the repository & in the same way fist you have to Mount the exisiting Repository by right click of the server and choose 'Mount Repository', where u suppose to mention DBMS server, Login & pword.

If you really want to do some more changes to the existing repository you have to UNLOAD the same and LOAD the same later. This can be achieved by right click on the repository name.

Please feel free to ask me if need more informations.

thanks

Alexander

PS: Kindly dont forget to reward the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

MDM comes with four standard repositories: Material, Vendor, Customer and Employee. These four repositories come in the form of archive files ( files with extension "a2a") with the MDM Software. You just need to unarchive these repositories by placing them under "Archives" folder of your Server root.

Let me know in case you need more information.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar