cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after changing contents in used DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a DC project(normal java project) with common domain objects in it.I have created public parts libsForCompile & libsForDeploy and using them in other DC projects.I have added them as used DCs.

After few days when i change the content of the domain object,they are not reflecting in by referencing DCs (EJB project) after deployment.While compile time i can see the new methods.But after deployment if i run the program it says method not found.

Could anyone throw light on this.URGENT!!!

Regards,

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you rebuild and redeploy the dependant DC's as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah I did n number of times.Still the same problem.

I even undeployed the application and tried.But still..no success.The DC project is a java project.

Message was edited by: Sasi R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I didn't notice this in your first post, but Java DC's have no deployable result. So, deploying them has no effect.

See the Development Manual for more info: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e6/504540d1b79523e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

You need to wrap your Java DC in another DC that has a deployable result. You basically have 2 options:

1. Wrap it in every DC that uses it (do this by defining an entity reference in the using DC)

2. Wrap it in a J2EE Library DC (also with an entity reference). This becomes globally available on the server after deployment. Defining this J2EE Library DC as a used DC then makes the Java code available to the using DCs.