Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just wanted to ignore the delivery date given by the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sap gurus,

good afternoon to all,

i just wanted to ignore the delivery date which is given by the system.

suppose if ur creating a sales order today then system designed date for delivery is after 7 days.

i doesn't want that day.

i want the same date as delivery date in which order is created.

regards,

balaji.t

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the same in corresponding Sales doc type in tcode VOV8 in Request Delivery date/ pricing date/ purchase date section.

Take care. JP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can ignore the Requested delivery date , beacuse during delivery scheduling system takes this date into consideration.

Yes , you can default the requested delivery date by changing in the Sales doc type (VOV8) as per your requirement in 'Lead time in dats field", also you can change this default date as requested by the customer, during order processing .

If you make the "Lead time in days" field blank, then system will automatically propose to-day's date as the Requested Delivery date.

Whichever date you may put, system takes it into consideration in delivery scheduling.Requested delivery date means , customer wants to receive the goods on this date. System checks by delivery scheduling, whether this date can be confirmed or not.

First, it starts Backward Scheduling, means starts calculating backward from this Requested Delivery date and calculates the "Material Availabilty date"& the "Transportation Planning date".

If both these date ("Material Availabilty date" & "Transportation Planning date) are after the order date and the Material is available on the Material availability date then , the Requested delivery date can be confirmed.

Even one of the date is earlier than the order date or the material is not available on the Material Availability date then system can not confirm the Customer's Requested delivery date & immediately it goes for forward scheduling. Accordingly you get the delivery date/ dates in the schedule line for the item.

So how system can ignore this date ?

Actually this date is tested whether it can be confirmed or not

& whether Forward scheduling will take place or not.

I hope it is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

sap gurus,

good afternoon to all,

if i configure transportation module then also i want the same order date as delivery date.

how can i do that.

plz explain gurus.

regards,

balaji.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see the sales order document type settings in VOV8.

You can specify the RDD to default as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear balaji,

go to ur sales document type VOV8, There is a field LEAD TIME IN DAYS, make it blank and just side of it another field is PROPOSED DELIVERY DATE, check that date under the req del date tab

cheers

reward if helpfull