cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table column hidden (Not visible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all... (Happy New Year!)

I am binding a model node, which represents a list of specific objects, to a Web Dynpro table. All the nodes bound via "Create Binding" option are working very well, but I have a problem with a calculated attribute in my context which I have bound to a column created manually.

During runtime the calculated attribute (column) is not visible in any row, but the selected one... I don’t know what happened I have navigated through all the columns (TextView type) properties and this one is just like the others…!

Please Help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

How have you added a calculated value attribute to your model node?

Did you added a value node first, and added the value attribute in that node?

If yes did you set the cardinality of the value node to 1..1 and singleton to false.

If this is not the case then please provide you context structure.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer...

Shubham Tripathi: Did you added a value node first, and added the value attribute in that node?

No, I added the value attribute to the model node directly, I have changed the type of this value attribute to a Dictionary Simple Data Type which represents a list of value-key pairs, ((1,1), (2,2), (3,3)), then bind this value attribute to a DropDownByKey UI element. During runtime, when the onSelect event raised on the DropDownByKey, I assign this value manually to the model node attribute which is going to be save later in database.

My context structure is just like this:

CommandBeanModelNode

..|_ ListOfSpecialObjects

....|_ Properties

....|_AnotherSpecialObjectAsProperty

......|_Properties

......|_MyValueAttributeBoundToADropDownByKey

Thank you, any suggestion will be great.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Here is my understanding.

You have created a value attribute in a model node with Local Dictionary simple type and binded the UI Element DropDownByKey to this attribute. Is this value attribute "Calculted"? If yes, please post your code of the get function.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

In response to your question, the value attribute is not calculated, the value I set on this attribute comes from the Dictionary Simple Data Type which is a list of (1, 2 ,3, 4,...n) key value pairs.

Last night I tried to force my model to be just like the one you asked yesterday, this chenge worked very well, the change I have made is:

CommandBeanModelNode

..|_ ListOfSpecialObjects

....|_ Properties

....|_ "MyValueAttributeBoundToADropDownByKey"

....|_ AnotherSpecialObjectAsProperty

......|_Properties

In sum, what I have done is change the value attribute level, to the second level in my context hierarchy (yesterday it was in the third level, inside another object which is an aggregation of my "ListOfSpecialObjects" Object). This allowed my table to show the content of my value node.

This worked well, but I don’t really completely understand why?. If you have any documentation on these topics I beg you to tell me where to find it?... I think, I just don´t understand how cardinality and singleton properties work in the context.

BTW Thank you for your help, your suggestion really helps me on solving this problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Its good to know that your problem was solved.

SAP Help is the best place to learn WebDynpro Architecture and how it works.

For Node and Node elements, check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/92/1d3d41d4cc4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Happy Learning!!!

Regards,

Shubham

Answers (0)