cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP version - WEB dynpro availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me understand from which version of SAP is WEB Dynpro available? We are in 4.6c and planning to do an upgrade to SAP R/3 Enterprise to use WEB Dynpro.

The questions I have is, is WEB Dynpro available in SAP R/3 Enterprise or should we move to mySAP ERP Edition 2003 or higher?

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

You can have SAP Webdynpro Applications for JAVA or ABAP.

SAP Webdynpro Applications need SAP WAS 640.

If you want develop your own SAP WebDynpro Java Applications, you need to have atleast SAP WAS 640(JAVA) which you can buy as a seperate component that does not depend on your R/3 version.

I have tested my application on backends with R/3 version 4.6C and above.

However, standard SAP WebDynpro Applications are available from mySAP ERP 2004 and above.

As far as I know WebDynpro for ABAP is only released for Ramp Up customers currently. It will be made GA in 3-4 months may be. WebDynpro for ABAP is dependent on your R/3 version. For that you should have mySAP ERP 2005 I guess.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I am running on SAP EP 6.0 SP11, but our backend system is running on R/3 4.6C, which is running on Standlone ITS, still i can create WebDynpro applications for Java in Portals and can access the content from R/3 4.6C? Please let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Yes you can create your WebDynpro Applications for JAVA and access data from R/3 4.6C using Adaptive RFC Models. For running your WebDynpro applications in Portal, you need to create WebDynpro iViews in the Portal and attach your WebDynpro Application to these iViews.

Regards,

Shubham

Answers (0)