cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare between two versions of template project???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are doing some cleanup activity in our solution manager system. For this actually we have created the replica of this project from production system to a sandbox system. We can do the cleanup of this project and can transport this new project to our production system and can move on.

But the pbm we are facing now is, how do we bring in the data captured or added to the production system after we have copied it to the sandbox system?

Can anybody throw in some light into this issue?

We tried the option of creating different version for the template and using the sa_project_upgrade transaction to compare between two versions of the template using "Current Version in Project" option. Not sure whether this will work out.

{{We thought that if we try in this way, we can find the difference between the two versions of the template project, and from there, might be we can bring in the new changes into our new project manually. We do agree that this is not the right approach.}}

But the end result we got was like we got the information regarding where all there is the difference between the current version in the template project to that of the original(in our case it checked against BPR as we selected the scenarios from BPR for this template). But what we expected was a difference between two versions of the template.

Pls help. Pls make a try to help. Any thoughts in this direction will help us to move forward.

Any info will be suitably rewarded.

best regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I can confirm that this approach does not work. The versions you can create on the template tab are completely useless. There is no comparison implemented presently that makes any use of them. However, you can use a workaround:

Copy the project with the copy option "Adjust target project to source project" (bottom of screen). This copy (target) freezes the project status. When you run the compare in that project, all changes to your source project will we flagged as changes there, and you can copy them manually to your sandbox system.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

I too had that doubt that my appraoch will not work. But wanted to get confirmation that it will not work. Also wanted to know about any other approach. Thank you for providing me with some alternative approach.

I tried the option suggested by you. But while running the comparison report for the newly copied project with the option "New Version of Original", I am getting the below error. I do agree that this approach should work. But for some reason I am getting the below error. Can you pls look into the same and help me out.

-

Internal error

Message no. AI_COMPARE006

Diagnosis

An unexpected error has occurred in:

program CL_SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE_ONLINE==CP

include CL_SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE_ONLINE==CM002

line 102

Procedure

Restart the transaction. If the problem persists, check if a SAP note is existing for this problem. If not please send a message to the SAP hotline.

-

Thanks a lot in advance.

best regards,

Krishna.

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

when you paste CL_SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE_ONLINE==CM002 into the ABAP editor you can see what causes the messag: FUNCTION 'SA_TEMPLATE_READ sends an exception for a tempate that is assigned to one of your scenarios. This means that the project was braught into that system with the project transport functionality, not with the Template transport button you find on the template tab in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Only the latter includes templates. To fix this, you could transport the templates again from the system where they were originally built. You can add transport objects of type BMTE and BMTV to your transport. They include the table entries you need. Check the keys of tables SATSKEY for BMTE and SATSKEYV for BMTV to find out the IDs. for the objects.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your explanatory reply.

I tried to check whatever you told. But unfortunately I am not from ABAP background. So, not able to understand things.

FYI, in my source project I had 3 templates namely abc, xyz and pqr. When I copied to the same to my target project as suggested by you in your earlier reply, the templates of the source project has got copied to abc_1, xyz_1 and pqr_1.

I checked in the "satskey" & "satskeyv" tables and was able to find the templates created for both the source & target projects.

I am not able to understand what you specified about BMTV & BMTE.

Also, fyi, I didnt transport my project from one system to other. I just copied my template project to a target template project as suggested by you in your earlier reply in the same sandbox system.

Can you pls help me in solving this issue?

best regds,

Krishna.

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I can't understand why this happens. But if you simply remove the template IDS from the scenarios of the copied project, on the structure tab of SOLAR01 you should not have any trouble with them in the compare..

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

May I request you to update your Business Card with contact mail please. Thanks.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I removed the template names from the structure tab of my newly created project, which means the scenarios of my new project does not belong to any of the templates.

Hope the above is what you asked me to do before doing the comparison. Pls let me know whether I am right with my understanding abt the solution suggested by you as "remove the template IDS from the scenarios of the copied project, on the structure tab of SOLAR01"

After doing the above, I tried to run the comparison report. Still no change. I am not able to do the comparison and I got the same error.

Pls help.

best regards,

Krishna.

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am sorry but I cannot recreate the problem. I have no Idea what happens. This needs to be debugged.

Regards

Andreas