cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the max size memory for data: begin itab occurs(max).

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the max size memory for data: begin itab occurs(max).

i need to declare in program.

plz help me urgent.

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Look at this for ur understanding. It may be helpfull for you.

Initial Memory Requirement

You can specify the initial amount of main memory assigned to an internal table object when you define the data type using the following addition:

INITIAL SIZE n

. This size does not belong to the data type of the internal table, and does not affect the type check. You can use the above addition to reserve memory space for n table lines when you declare the table object.

When this initial area is full, the system makes twice as much extra space available up to a limit of 8KB. Further memory areas of 12KB each are then allocated.

You can usually leave it to the system to work out the initial memory requirement. The first time you fill the table, little memory is used. The space occupied, depending on the line width, is 16 <= n<= 100.

It only makes sense to specify a concrete value of nif you can specify a precise number of table entries when you create the table and need to allocate exactly that amount of memory (exception: Appending table lines to ranked lists). This can be particularly important for deep-structured internal tables where the inner table only has a few entries (less than 5, for example).

To avoid excessive memory requests, large values for nare treated as follows: The possible maximum value for n results from 8 kilobyte divided by the row length. If you specify a larger value of n, the system calculates a new value so that ntimes the line width is around 12KB.

TYPES: BEGIN OF line,

column1 TYPE i,

column2 TYPE i,

column3 TYPE i,

END OF LINE.

TYPES itab TYPE SORTED TABLE OF line WITH UNIQUE KEY column1.

The program defines a table type itab. It is a sorted table, with line type of the structure line and a unique key of the component column1.

TYPES vector TYPE HASHED TABLE OF i WITH UNIQUE KEY table_line.

TYPES: BEGIN OF line,

column1 TYPE i,

column2 TYPE i,

column3 TYPE i,

END OF line.

TYPES itab TYPE SORTED TABLE OF line WITH UNIQUE KEY column1.

TYPES: BEGIN OF deepline,

field TYPE c,

table1 TYPE vector,

table2 TYPE itab,

END OF deepline.

TYPES deeptable TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF deepline

WITH DEFAULT KEY.

The program defines a table type vector with type hashed table, the elementary line type i and a unique key of the entire table line. The second table type is the same as in the previous example. The structure deepline contains the internal table as a component. The table type deeptable has the row type deepline. Therefore, the elements of this internal table are themselves internal tables. The key is the default key - in this case the column field. The key is non-unique, since the table is a standard table.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

actually there is fixed size for the memory of the internal table but it will be declared by the basis people.

and the main thing there is no need to declare any number .

you can put :

data: begin of itab occurs 0.

here the dynamically the size of internal table will be increased by 8kb as per data in internal table.

reward if it is useful.

thanks

AM

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sky is the limit.

where SKY is your memory;-)

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Do u know that in technical settings u will have the size category wich allows u a max of 9,but in declaration u can specify 10 or 20 0r 30.

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply.

but my problem : there is no enough memory in that program.when executed it is going to dump. then it says lack of memory.in sap program they declare occurs 100.

Murali.

0 Kudos

Hi murali

this is deepak problem ask him.

murali as i know better to decalre the internal table with using

TYPES statements instead of OCCURS specifications like.

TYPES: begin of itab,

empno type c,

ename type c,

end of itab,

t_itab type standard table of itab.

data: lw_itab type itab,

lt_itab type t_itab.

here it takes the memory as per the records.

regards.

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i told him about this problem. but he says it is abap work.

how is ur work sreeram.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is predefined program.

it works in 100 client. it won't work in 200 client. shortdump says memory not enough.

Murali.

0 Kudos

Hi murali.

which program getting dump. it's related to which transaction murali.

ok here murali. Mr. nitin(PM) saying assign me to upgradation project.

regards.

sriram.