cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biggner in NETWEAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am begginer in Netwear , can any one please tell me how to start .From were i will get the documents and presentation for this to know easyly.

Regards

Brijesh Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Using Netweaver is similar to Eclipse Platform which is used for java Development, first you need to install java and then NWDS.

Using Nwds is also Simple, as help is Provided in much simple manner for using the UI elements and to know the Properties of each UI element.

and you can run the sample Projects Provided by Net Weaver and learn the NWDS Environment quickly. In NWDS you Find help in last tab so click on it to get more information about NWDS.

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Have a look at the following links:

[New to Netweaver|;

[New in SAP, please guide me|;

[Netweaver|;

[What is EP ??|/thread/122598 [original link is broken];

Now some not so direct links to your question, but still helpful:

[Development info for SAP Netweaver|;

[Relationship between NetWeaver and R/3|;

[Java in Netweaver|;

[Start with EP|/thread/348265 [original link is broken];

[About Portal|/thread/352079 [original link is broken];

[See my answer in this thread|;

Also see the home page of Netweaver Platform on SAP site:

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/index.epx

All these threads will give you a good insight as to what all you have in front of you when we talk about Netweaver....

Bye

Ankur

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 10, 2008 9:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Netweaver is a platform which web enables the Enterprise Data.

The enterprise data is configured on to Enterprise Portals.

you can create different applications which accesses the enterprise data and configure those applications on to the portal.

For developing these applications we have different technologies like the following:

1.*Portal (Components )*-- done NW Developer Studio(NWDS)

2.webdynpros (for both JAVA and ABAP)--- UI designing is easy and concentratyes more on logic than UI

3.BSP(Bussiness server pages similar to JSPs in JAVA)--- developing BSP applications is a bit complex job since u dont have the option to drag and drop the UI, but u can get the exact look & feel u want.This is a mix of html and ABAP

Portals can be divided into 2 again :

1.Configuration - coding is not involved

2.Development - involves coding

Webdynpros are of 2 types as mentioned above

webdynpro for java apps are developed in NWDS, where as webdynpro for abap are done in saplogon.

The above information is like a drop in the ocean.

Go thru the following links for understanding the architecture and what else is there in Netweaver.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2098c090-0201-0010-6597-a371124b...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/804bf2f9-e21c-2a10-d2a0-806fcd2715...

Do contact me if u have any issues and reward me if the above info is useful