cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales area mandatory in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I want to make Sales area as mandatory in sales order and Inquiry .

when we enter T.code VA01, in intial screen of sales order, sales area should be mandatory, system should not allow to enter in 2nd screen without entering sales area.

Waiting for your reply.

With Regards

Mamta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mamta,

Used Transaction Variants to make your fields Mandatory, Hidden or Display

You can hide unwanted screens and fields in any of the standard SAP programs without changing any of the standard programs. Additional features such as making the variant as default on the standard SAP transaction code is only available on 4.6x.

Steps :-

Transaction SHD0 - Create a variant for the required transaction bychanging the layout through hiding fields and screens.

Transaction SE93 - Create a variant transaction (e.g. for VA02 you canname it as ZA02). Next allocate the transaction variant to this varianttransaction.

Create and change the Zxxx area menu with the new transaction variant. In this way, the user does have to remembers any extra transaction codes.

In 4.6c, you can default your transaction variant as the standard variant. (SHD0 - Edit -> Activate/Deactivate asstandard variant)

An example for using transaction variant (restricting the field displayfor CO11N - Goods movement) :-

If you want to restrict changes to the fields in Goods movement forone group of users.

1. Create a transaction variant for CO11N

2. Create a new transction code for the transaction variant and assign an authorization object to it

3. Divide the users into this two transaction code. Those who can change the field using CO11N. For those that have limited

field change, give them the authorizationfor ZCO11 (this is a new transaction code you have to create).

I hope it will solve your problem, reward if it helpful

Regards,

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for giving the answer.

I will try with ur suggestions. I will let you know when my problem is solved

With regards

Mamta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mamta

I am sure you know that a sales area is determined in a sales order from customer master..

Plz dont mind, but i see no reason y you want the sales area to be mandatory

Bcoz after you enter the customer number and press enter sales area is automatically determined...

what you can do is you assign the document type to your sales area so that this document cant be accessed in other sles areas...

even if your requirement is making the fields as mandatory

i believe this can be done through some enhancements

all the best

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mamta,

To make sales area mandatory, I think it is a big process.

suppose if you want to create a order ZOR , assign to a paticular sales area in customizing.

example sales area 1000/10/00 assign to ZOR.

now when ever you create the VA01 transaction if you give different sales area the system will not take you to the next screen,

so if you have 100 sales areas you have to create different document type of the same business process. still we may face problem because we cant remember all the document type even if you have documented correctly

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kuntla

Thanks for your answer but I know this.

I want make to Sales area mandatory at the first screen when we enter T. code. VA01

As u know that without entering sales order document type in sales order VA01, system does not allow to process further.

In the same way i want to make sales area mandatory .

Do u know about Transaction Variant or Screen Variant.

If yes , let me know. Please help me

With Regards

Mamta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mamta,

This might be acheived with screen exits of VA01, contact your ABAPer to get the fields mandatory.

Check the include MV45AOZZ, the PBO of the screen--here you might be able to do the necessary. This will require an access key, contact BASIS admin for the key.

Rgds,

Raghu.