cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize automatically a window according to the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have done a smartform in which i need to display the details of a quotation number and sometime there may be more than one quotaion number . and according to the output , i need to resize my secondary window. Is it Possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do u need to resize your secondary window?

Is it because you are making a border around the window to make it look like a box?

If that be so you can use a table with line type having one column( and one row type) and in the data tab of the table uncheck the 'loop at internal table' check box.

In that way it will dynamically hold the amount of text that ios there. As for the box look, you outline the border using the framed pattern displays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratik ,

Im not using any border lines and im using only one secondary window with the main window.

If the output exceeds the size of the secondary window , iam not able to print all the datas that satisfies the query.That is why i need to resize the window dynamically according to the data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Is this the design of your nodes?

MAIN window

TABLE NODE

ROW NODE

CELL NODE

TEXT NODE

SECONDARY window

TABLE NODE

ROW NODE

CELL NODE

TEXT NODE

If not, may you please show here how your nodes were defined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Secondary window comes first and then the main window comes.

My nodes are as below

Secondary Window

Loop1 node

text node

Loop2 node

text node

MAIN window

Table node

Row node

Cell node

Text node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

what i meant is that u do not use the secondary window at all. Instead, resize the main window and inside the main window u put the contents of the 2ndary window in a table as i told u earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

Thank u very much . Ur sugesstion was very useful .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi priya,

actually it is not possible to change the size of the window dynamically.

the window can display the data upto maximum size of it only not more than that if it is secondary window.

but if it is main window we can have multiple number of data no need to have any size for that.

reward me if it is useful.

thanks

AM