cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP - Make to Order Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise how ATP works for make to order scenarios? In the first place, shd there be ATP for make to order scenarios? Since the production order created is associated directly with that particular sales order.

1. w/o assembly processing

I noticed SO for this case is always confirmed based on lead time towards customer. However, any date changes in the production order does get updated into SO schedule lines. Why is this so? In the event if there's any delay, material availability shd be change due to change in order completion date. Why is different from case with assembly processing?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

If we need MRP planning run to determine the stock availability, why does SAP allows SO to be confirm initially based on lead time (not considering if production can fulfill or not the material availability date)? And how is this different in MTO with assembly processing? I see there's a 'live link' in the latter case.

As for backorder processing, i do accept ur explanation. Can i know how's how 'AE' checking rule is being used in the context of MTO?

Thanks

Peter

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The lead time here is only an indicative one, proposed by system based on ATP logic.

Hope it helped you.

Take care. JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Yes, can u proceed further?

In the case for w/o assembly processing, why is there no 'live link' between production order and sales interms of availability date and order completion date?

The other qns is for such scenarios there shd not be any backorder processing since SO always confirmed? What's the usage of 'AE' checking rule in this context?

Thanks

Peter

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers to your queries:

Ques: In the case for w/o assembly processing, why is there no 'live link' between production order and sales interms of availability date and order completion date?

Ans: Its a planned one against a Sales order.Isn't it? So, you confirm the availability date and order completion date after MRP, accordingly Planned Docs created. Mind it when we are creating Planned Docs it is Inhouse process, therefore the raw material for the Production procured internally. These dates are very much our control. If there are any discrepency in stock production then PP guys has to intimate us accordingly. These stocks get restricted to that sales order. See that in MMBE in stock overview details in that look for "SalesOrder restr.".

There shd not be any backorder processing since SO always confirmed? What's the usage of 'AE' checking rule in this context?

Ans. Its a MTO senario and how come it will be part of BACKORDER Processing as planning for production on the bases of order.

Correct me if I'm wrong. JP.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope u know the following,

In MTO senario w/o assembly production,

Senario Cycle is

OR > MRP > Planned Docs > Prod > GR

where in MATERIAL MASTER DATA, we maintain:

> Availability Check : 02

> Item Category Group : 0001

> Stragegy Group: 60

Also, in MTO senario assembly production,

Senario cycle is

OR > (Sytem generates automatically) > Production Order

where in MATERIAL MASTER DATA, we maintain:

> Availability Check : 02

> Item Category Group : 0001

> Stragegy Group: 82

take care. JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Can u respond specific to the qns?

Thanks

Peter

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ATP:

Available-to-promise is the quantity of a material or part still available to MRP which can be used for new sales orders.

Available to Promise. It is the process of checking the available quantities of a material. The ATP quantity is equal to warehouse stock plus the planned receipts (incoming stocks). ATP takes in to account all movements into and out of the warehouse.

If selected, it can check the stock examined for ATP that can be safety stock, stock in transfer, stock in quality inspection, & blocked stock, although the planned receipts & planned issues of the stock associated with ATP may be purchase orders, purchase requisition, planned orders, production orders, reservations, dependent reservations, dependent requirements, sales requirements & delivery requirements.

The ATP quantity is calculated according to the following formula: ATP quantity = warehouse stock + planned receipts - planned issues.

JP