cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter engine missing in the comm channal configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a File-IDOC scenario. While doing the configuration for the sender communication channel for file adpter the integration server is missing in the adapter engine drop down.

But when i checked for other adapter type like Idoc and Http adapter, the Integration channel is available in the adapter engine drop down(only for these two apater type only, for other adapters also i am not getting the integration server).

Can anyone help me regarding this, how to resolve this problem.

Any SAPnotes or blogs for that.

Help will be apprediated and rewarded as well.

Thanks

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

i have checked the configuration according to the blog.

The technical system and the Business system are created already but

the when i saw the technical system browser, in the technical system type "Exchange Infrastructure",

I can see the application system name for all but the application system name against the Integration server is missing.

How to resolve that.

Thanks

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any clue, why the application system is missing against the integration server in the technical system browser?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Please check the below things.

1. with <SID> Technical system has created .(Type of Technical System- Web AS ABAP

2 . with <SID> Technical system has created .(Type of Technical System- Web AS JAVA

above two by default woule be availble once done the SLD DataSupplier in VisualAdmin.

3. Create the Buinsess System based on above Technical System -Web AS ABAP

Role : Integration Server

URL : http://hostname: ICM Port/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

4. Now check Tcode : SLDCHECK setting has been done.

5. go to sld home , click on Technical system select the Technical system type ; Exchange Infrastructure

check there are 6 types availble .

all XI Compoenents except Domain for other components Application System will appear. (Application system means your SID has to appear )

Have a look at OSS Note: 764176

Check this link it solves ur problkem

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manisha,

check the previous reply....the blog is nice

and also check the note 764176

check below

1. Open the "Content Maintenance" view under "Administration" in the SLD editing interface. (in 7.10: the view "CIM Instances".) Select "XI Integration Server" from the drop-down menu and navigate to the associations of the integration server. Select the "XI Integration Server Logical Identity" association and delete the association by pressing the 'Remove' button.

2. Switch to "Home" in the "Technical Landscape" view, and select the "Exchange Infrastructure" technical system type there. (as of 7.10: "Process Integration".) Select all domains and XI components for the host and delete these by selecting them and pressing 'Remove'.

3. Start the J2EE server. After you restart the server, the XI components log on to the SLD again and create a new entity of the "XI Integration Server" class.

4. To register the directory and repository again, you must also log on to the two tools.

5. Under 'Technical Landscape' in the SLD, select the "Exchange Infrastructure" technical system type. (as of 7.10: "Process Integration") and check whether all XI components (Adapter Engine, Integration Directory, Integration Repository, Integration Server and Runtime Workbench/RWB) are logged on correctly. The Adapter Engine component may be missing. In this case, start the registration of the Adapter Engine as described in Note 1031321, step 2.

6. Change again to the administration interface --> Content Maintenance (7.10: "CIM Instances") to the associations of the XI integration server.

Create a new association by pressing the 'New Association' button, select the "XI Sub-System viewed Application System" associations type here, and, in the next step, choose the BC system for the Integration Server. Save the association by selecting 'Associate'.

Create a new association by pressing the 'New Association' button, select the "XI Integration Server Logical Identity" association type here, and, in the next step, choose the business system for the Integration Server. Save the association by selecting 'Associate'.

7. Under 'Technical Landscape' in the SLD, select the "Exchange Infrastructure" technical system type. (7.10: "Process Integration") and check whether the association to the application system is displayed there (in column "Application System", the business system on which the integration server runs should be displayed).

8. To make the changed associations known in the directory, the SLD temporary storage must be deleted in the directory. To do this, log on to the Integration Directory and select the 'Environment --> Delete temporary storage areas for SLD data' menu option.

reward points if helpfull

regards

kummari

Edited by: kummari on Jul 10, 2008 8:42 AM