cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAN BOX upgradation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have running shortage of space in our landscape. There are One PRD central Instance, One PRD application server(in cluster) & One Dev Server & a SAN with 10 HDD. SAN is only shared with Central Instance & Cluster Application server till now. Ther is some Short of space on Both PRD & DEV. Now we have 4 new HDD of double capacity. Now I want to add DEV also on SAN. Related to this i have all required h/w.

I want to know that how the additional space will be distribute b/w PRD & DEV.

Platform :

SAP : SAP enterprise 4.7

DB :Oracle 9i

Regards,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi virendra/all,

I want to know that i have sapdata1 - 4 alrady which are full above 80 %. should i add additional space in this ? or i should add another sapdata filesystem in my system. which is more reliable in both of them?

Ankit

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Is your tablspace is full by 80% or your file system is full by 80% ?

If your tablespace are full then you can add more datafile. but there is an filesystem full by 80% then still it depends on the free space you have on file system. If it is less then it is better to add the datafile on another drive ehere you have plent of diskspace.

regards

Virendr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I know, i hav to take backup for the complete system before this activity. What procedure u suggest to take complete backup. My system is HP-UX, SAP R/3 4.7 & Oracle 9i.

Regards,

Ankit

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Always take an backup to be safe.

Secondly if you are planning to add more space to the existing raid then you have to add the same size or larger disk to existing raid. But as you said that you are going to add large disk then you wil waste the diskspace as you will get only same space as of the existing raid.

So better to create seperate disk raid to get the space advantage.

Regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for ur reply. But I already have raid configure on this SAN. and My data is also there. I just want to add additional space on this in some ratio with some space for additional server.

i have to reconfigure raid?

Plz suggest.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

Get the SAN administrator to assign LUNS to your Development server, if you have done it before then this should be straight forward to create a LUN from the storage pool and add it to the windows server as additional disk.

Cheers,

Nisch

0 Kudos

Hi,

On your SAN you have to create an Raid 0,1,or 5 or 10 accourding to your requirement. Once it is synchronize then you have to create an 2 seperate LUN as per your space requirenment.

After that you have to allocate luns to respective Servers. Once this is done you will have to allocate the drive letter in their respective server.

After that you can add datafile to your table space.

Hope this will help..

Regards

Virendra