SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid meter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to change the current electronic meters into prepaid meters.already there is a rate structure for elctronivc meters.

How can prepaid meters be mapped into IS-U?how billing is carried out inside ISU since billing part will be already carried out by the software of prepaid meter? what changes should be made in FI-CA ?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what changes should be made in FI-CA ?

No changes...unless you use a different MT/ST...In that case you need to maintain entries in table TE305 <<<use SM30 to go to IMG>>> , EK01 & EK02.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

How is it maped in ISU?

0 Kudos

in table TE305, T-Codes EK01 & EK02.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Depending on your IS-U version there's standard content regarding prepaid meters, but I haven't used this yet myself. Check the IS-U help file on help.sap.com, but make sure you use the latest version located inside the ECC 6.0 help file! (not the old 4.72 help)

If you're working on an older IS-U version, here's what we did at a client:

• load the prepaidment charges (so what the customer already paid) directly into FICA as a credit.

• set up invoicing in the customizing to that it automatically clears the invoice with any open amounts

• make sure you don't send credit invoices to the client, but note the remaining credit on the invoice as info for the customer.

It's not the cleanest solution, but it's rather simple and it works

Good luck,

Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer!. but in help.sap.com only version 4.72 is available. So can you please guide where version ECC 6.0 will be available?

0 Kudos

help.sap.com --> SAP ERP --> ERP Central Component (choose the most recent version) --> SAP Utilities

Here's a direct link (hopefully): [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/4dce68eafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not worked on this, but I believe we should be able to do the billing if meter readings are being periodically entered in SAP.

you can use a differnet schema/ST if you want to post in separate GL a/c.

I suppose you can update the device category with prepayment indicator, not sure if any calculation is triggered based on this.