Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

I have three questions to ask you.

1. Can we use the online interactive form without web

dynpro?

2. Can we use the button who is in the offline

interactive form to submit data to sap?

3. How to choose using online or offline?

Thanks you very much!

Edited by: Ken.Li on Jul 10, 2008 5:29 AM

Edited by: Ken.Li on Jul 10, 2008 5:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, thanks you for your reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For online scenario , the forms have to be open in a Web page where there is a connection to the SAP System ( WD4A , WD Java, BSP etc... )

For offline scenario you can upload the file or send it back thru e-mail to the sap system ( i can tell you more on this solution if required ) .

How to chose is simple : Does user have to fill the forms without any connection to SAP or to Internet , if Yes use Offline scenario .

A form can be used in online and offline scenario , there's no problem for this

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For offline scenario you can upload the file or send it back thru e-mail to the sap system ( i can tell you more on this solution if required ) .

How this can be achieved......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Below are the answers to your questions:

1. You develop Online form application in Webdyn Pro and later use it through Portal

2. No, for this you may use upload file & then do the processing

3. Online forms requires Internet access whereas Offline forms do not require any Internet access. Offline forms can be circulated through email, filled up and later processed

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use both offline and online without web dynpro. But I think portal will be needed in online scenario. A button in offline interactive form cannot submit data to SAP for this you have to upload it through any ABAP program or Web dynpro Application. In case the user has access to SAP system or any portal then you can use online interactive form while if user has not access to both of these then in that case you have to use offline interactive form. Which later can be updated in SAP system through any SAP application.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.