SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus..please enlighten me on this one.

I posted payments thru FP05 (Payment Lot). Closed and post the payment lot without any errors.

Using transaction code FPL9, I displayed the payment and the GL account says 11325. I understand that this GL account just a subsidiary account.

Using transaction code FB03 (FI Display Document), I searched for the payment lot that I posted using the reconcilation key. The GL for payment still says 11325.

The account person told me that all payments roll up to GL 14000.

My questions are:

1) Where can I see the relationship or configuration between the subsidiary account 11325 and the main GL account 14000? What is the transaction code or IMG path?

2) Is there a report or transaction screen that shows 11325 "flows" to 14000?

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I see the relationship or configuration between the subsidiary account 11325 and the main GL account 14000? What is the transaction code or IMG path?

IMG path:

financial accounting>contract account receivable and payable>integration-->General ledger accounting

**Define posting specifications for General ledger transfer

**Define GL accounts for open item Reconcialiation.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Blumatin,

Using transaction code FB03 (FI Display Document), I searched for the payment lot that I posted using the reconcilation key. The GL for payment still says 11325.

No!! you cannot use FB03 to display FICA document. To view FI-GL doc linked to FICA, you need to

1. Transfer FICA data to FI-GL using FPG1 << do remember to close the Recon key either using FPF2 or FPG4..

2. Use FPT3 / FPG5 to display Items tr to GL. You'd see FI-GL doc no in the above T-codes. You can view them via FB03 now.

The account person told me that all payments roll up to GL 14000.

He is correct provided,

A. 14000 is an FICA Recon account

B. You have this account attached in T-Code EK01.

My questions are:

1) Where can I see the relationship or configuration between the subsidiary account 11325 and the main GL account 14000? What is the transaction code or IMG path?

See 'B' above along with EK02.

2) Is there a report or transaction screen that shows 11325 "flows" to 14000?

See '1' & '2' together.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

HI Rajendra,

The transaction codes that you mentioned below, are those being used even though we dont have SAP FI in out company? Our financial system is not SAP.

I was told for month-end closing, we only use OB52 and we close the recon keys daily.

0 Kudos

Blumatin,

OB52 is used to close periods/ years. For recon keys you need to use above T-Codes.

Do not have SAP in your co?? ~!@#$%^&*)(_+:;"'><?

I'm helpless

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I see the relationship or configuration between the subsidiary account 11325 and the main GL account 14000? What is the transaction code or IMG path?

IMG path:

financial accounting>contract account receivable and payable>integration-->General ledger accounting

**Define posting specifications for General ledger transfer

**Define GL accounts for open item Reconcialiation.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Yes!!! they too are needed..missed in the previous post..Thanks Narender for adding

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please describe a little the information flow? I understand you use FI-CA. Maybe you use FI, since you used transaction FB03. What happens next? You transfer financial information to another system? How?

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Hello,

FICA is a subledger..in the sense you hold the customers' transactional data at a very detailed level esp for IS-U,IS-T, IS-I industries.

At the end of the day/week/month, you transfer the FICA data to FI-GL at a summarized level i.e. all the documents in FICA are identified by a reconcilation key. For ex: if there are 10 docs in FICA identified by 2 recon keys R1 & R2 , totalling to

£ 100.

Now you transfer FICA data to FI-GL @ recon key level i.e when you post entries in FI-GL via SAP FICA standard program,

2 entries wud be posted, one with £100 & the other with £200.

Now coming to transfer to FIGL to another, it depends on your project...it can be to another SAP system or to another Non-SAP system. In either case you need to use iDocs.

Hope this clarifies.

Rgds

Rajendra

Points!!!