cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMSPING Configuration error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did ccmsping configuration for DEV, QAS, PRD in Solman system. I installed and registered the ccmsping agent in all the systems. But when I see in RZ21 it says "Neither instance nor logon groups found System: DEV".

Also when I check Availability and Performance Overview in RZ20. The systems are available but the values are not there. For Availibility it shows 0% and CCMSPING/Configuration Error: Communication error when attempting to call CCMSPING; see CCMS_SelfMonitorin

The RFC destinatoion for all the systems are fine and the message server port entry is there in the services file for all the systems in solman.

Please let me know what I am missing here.I need to configure ccmsping for availibility monitoring for all the systems in the landscape.

Thanks in Advance.

Amair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amair,

> I installed and registered the ccmsping agent in all the systems.

ccmsping has not to be installed on all systems you want to monitor. This agent is usually only installed once for the whole system landscape.

The Online help describes this very detailed: [Availability Monitoring with CCMSPING|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/38/9e3337d7840ffee10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm].

One hint: after registering the ccmsping (using the -push option) against the CEN you should restart the CEN itself (or reset the monitoring segment into warmup status) so the CEN recognizes the ccmsping as a pushing agent.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

My CEN system is Solman (SLM). I did the ccmsping registration on SLM. It was done successfully. In Rz21 I added the all the ABAP systems manually since the sapmsg.ini file is not available with me. If I say "Test Ping" for systems, it was successfull. But still it does'nt show the values. Also I have reset the monitoring segment into warmup status.

In the ccms self monitoring, Toolsdispatching (long running) for message it says " Background method dispatching not possible - job does not exist"

Please provide step by step procedure after ccmsping registration also about the error in the ccms selfmonitoring.

Thanks

Amair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am able to solve the issue. Thanks you very mych.

The other error was solved by activating central dispatching on the solman system.

Thanks Again

Amair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amair,

How was the problem for the job not found solved?

Kindly share.

Regards,

Kaustubh Krishna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

How was the issue resolved, even I am facing the same issue in RZ21 "neither instance nor logon group found system"

CCMSPING is working fine and the connection is also successful.

Regards,

Nagaraj P.