cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in creating shipments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created delivery documents. I am trying to create shipments but system is not proposing these delivery documents for shipment creation.

What could be the reason?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set transportation relevance in Customizing for Transportation.

Go to IMG -> Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Shipments -> Maintain transportation relevance

check whether you maintained transportation relevance for delivery types, delivery item types, routes.

If you do not maintain transportation relevance, you cannot plan delivery documents while creating shipment.

Once you maintain these, go back and check whether you can add your deliveries to your shipment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By maintaining transportation relevance, I am able to add deliveries.

Could you give more information on topic transportation relevance in simple terms? Please don't paste any link.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transportation relevance of the delivery type , the delivery item category and the route in the delivery controls whether a shipment can be created or not.

For a shipment to be created, the delivery type must be set as relevant for transportation.

Similarly, at least one delivery item category in the delivery must be relevant for transportation.

The outbound delivery must contain a route that is relevant for transportation (does not apply to inbound deliveries).

A route is defined as the connection between a point of departure and a destination point with several possible points in between.

If all three (or two in the case of inbound deliveries) conditions are met, the delivery has transportation planning status A, which means that the delivery document is relevant for transportation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Have you done picking after the delivery? If not please try creating shipment after picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the error it is giving.

Elaborate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noel,

There is no error message.

Issue is 3 outbound deliveries were created.

I am creating shipment in transaction VT01N.

I am proposing to add these outbound deliveries to this shipment.

But I am not able to insert these 3 deliveries.

F4 search does not list these three outbound deliveries.

thanks