cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDCCN : Tasks aren't running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

We have our solution manager configured in order to obtain EWA reports for ABAP side. Everything was working fine. Since some weeks, tasks scheduled in some of the environments never are executed.

If we start manually these tasks, they execute succesfully and EWA is obtained, but when we schedule them in order to get EWA in an automatic way, they don't run the day they are scheduled.

We have checked somo notes about SDCCN but everything seems all right.

We have checked support packages and they are exactly the same as in other environments that are working fine. For example, in our R3 development system is not working, but in R3 quality and production is working fine, and three systems are in the same support package level and have similar characteristics.

¿Has anybody any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ángel,

have you checked if the task processor is running in SDCCN? This is the job which is supposed to process tasks automatically in SDCCN.

SDCCN->GoTo->Settings->Task Processor

-> you should see "active" in the "job scheduling status" section

and it's probably a good idea to check that the job is really running using the "job overview" button

The job name is /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR

If you're sure that the job is running, you should check SDCCN->Task Log. Sometimes the job runs without getting cancelled but doesn't have sufficient authorizations. If that's the case, you should see some sign of it in the task log.

I hope that helps a little.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have checked all environments where the tasks are failing. In all of them job appears active in SDCCN but I go to SM37 I have two cases:

1.In some systems job does not appear.

2.In some evironments the job is executing, but log indicates that I have got no authorization

In environments the tasks are running, job is executing succesfully.

So, the problem is exactly what you say. I am going to schedule correctly this job.

I did not know this job and I was no able to solve this problem.

Really, thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David.

The problem has been completly solved with your indications. Now, all EWA reports are executing succesfully.

Thanks a lot again.

Best regards

former_member597230
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi david, it's worked

Thanks