cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re import RFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I develop and implemented my WD project using an Adaptive RFC. Due some modifications in the business Logic the RFC model changed adding more tables and removing some fields.

When I re-import the Model all my WD project crashed!!!! All the WD java classes for my WD aren't found. Things like:

Kind Status Priority Description Resource In Folder Location

Error IPrivateComponent cannot be resolved (or is not a valid type) for the field Component.wdContext Component.java Project/gen_wdp/packages/com/test/.... line 78

This is not the first time I got this error!!! But previous times my WD wasn´t completed implemented and I re-do the project.

Does anyone have a problem like this before? Is it fixable?

Regards,

Orlando Covault

P.D.

About SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

Version: 2.0.16

Build id: 200602130353

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

A general rule " Whenever there is a change in the fields of the RFC you are using, they is always a need of restart of J2EE server"..However if there is a change in business logic in the Source Code of your RFC, there is no need of restart of J2EE server..

I too faced same problem. Resolved by doing so..

Thanks

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

You have a choice to get rid of your problem. First of all delete your existing model, save and rebuild your project. Now freshly reimport and rebuild it. If your problems is still persisting...........

goto this path

D:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Documents\SAP\workspace

you'll find a .metadata folder, delete it (keep a backup if u need).

Now reimport your project in NWDS. Once check whether the problem is due to the version of NWDS you're using if its 7.0 try updating it to 7.0.09

Hope this will be useful to you.

Award if truely useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orlando,

If this problem still there ... install SP13.

regards,

Sumit Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

yes this is a solvable problem. Sometimes we get this kind of web dynpro "madness": hundreds of errors that spurt out with no apparent reason. If you carefully analyze the log you will find a few error that are true and that in turn stop the generation of standard classes and cause the other errors.

In you scenario I suppose the removed fields where used somewhere, maybe in the context or in some methods.

Track this errors first and look also for wrong import statements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Sorry if I misunderstood the question, but are you getting the errors in the Developer Studio or in the Browser when you try run the application?

If the errors are in the browser, then you need to restart the J2EE server that you are deploying to.

Hope this Helps

Anton Kruse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that project is corrupted. Have you tried repairing project? Also, have you tried closing the project & reopening it again?

Regards,

Apurva

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you re-import Model, you need to restart J2EE server in order to reflect all the meta data changes.

plz refer RFC Troubleshooting Guide

Meta cache Invalidate

The error may be because of

1) attribute type information from R/3 (RFC) is not getting

2) actions with methods deleted.

nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil ßos on Jul 10, 2008 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This may happen if the metadata of your application are corrupted. In that case, the code generation may crash leaving an incomplete Java source file.

To fix this, try the following.

First, check if there are any errors displayed in the "Problems" view that are related to the metamodel like corrupted data bindings, context mappings or events bound to deleted actions etc. Try to fix these using the IDE editors.

After that, open the "Navigator" and delete all generated sources inside folder gen_wdp. Return to the Web Dynpro Explorer and make a full rebuild of the project

Mandeep Virk

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you re import the model, you have to re build it immediatly and then you can go for any other mappings.. i faced this problems some times when I re import the model and without re building it i used some mapping and others. So immediatly after re import use rebuild.

if problem persist, go to navigation tab -> go to src and remove gen_wdp and re build the project. this should solve your current problem.

regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Orlando,

Did you try to delete the entire model and reimport it again