cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy process: PRD to QAS on MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a need to refresh our QAS system with a copy of PRD - the method I have been researching is a homogeneous database copy. I am having difficulty finding step-by-step documentation to carry this out for release R/3 4.6C.

The only client refreshes I have performed are through SCC9 or SCCL and the R/3 installation was done by a consultants - hence the need for good step-by-step documentation!

I should also note that our QAS system shares the same physical server as the DEV system.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I performed the database restore of PRD into the QAS database and ended up having to revert back to the old QAS database because of issues encountered. One issue was discovered by our ABAP developer when trying to view table data in SE38 - she would receive an error message stating that the table did not exist in the database. After further review in DB02, I noticed that there were thousands of tables and views that were missing or unknown. There was an option to create them in the DB, but this did not seem normal to me. The 2nd issue was that the document links that point to a Production Content Server were active in the QAS database and could be manipulated, I do not know that there is a way to address this?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you run the STM tools after the copy as documented?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not run the STM tools and did not find that in the documentation. Can you please provide me with the document name/ID that contains this information and steps? It has been difficult to find clear documentation for this process as it pertains to R/3 4.6C on MSSQL. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh.. ok -I missed that "4.6c".

Check note "151603 - Copying an SQL Server database" and here point 8 (which finally points to note 683447 - SAP Tools for MS SQL Server)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For R3 4.6 version homogeneous system copy on SQL server

check Note 339912 - R3COPY on NT-MS SQL Server

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the responses these are very helpful. In note 151603 I would like to use the backup restore option which replaces steps 4 - 7. I am assuming that I would be restoring the PRD database over the QAS database - this is where I am looking for additional documentation.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am assuming that I would be restoring the PRD database over the QAS database - this is where I am looking for additional documentation.

Use

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

all necessary steps (+ the mentioned notes) are described there.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database is what you are searching for.

Markus