Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO01 Vs SBWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently received a request to have SO01 added to our general user role. I would like to know the implication this may have if assigned to all users. Also, what is the difference between SO01 and SBWP.

A reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both transactions "look the same", but there are differences:

- SO01 checks object S_OC_TCD field TCD id 'SO01' at transaction start, however SBWP does not.

- The program uses SY-TCODE cases to determine which function modules are used, and these are technically different objects.

MSSO0F01
  CASE SY-TCODE.
*  case l_tcode.
    when 'SBWP'.
*     common view of business workplace
      call function 'SINWP_WORKPLACE_CREATE'.
    when 'SO01X'.
*     Inbox classic
      call function 'SIN_OBJECT_LIST_SHOW'
           exporting
                folder_region = in_fol
                folder_id     = inbox_id
                owner         = owner.

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

both transactions are 'the same'. I believe that SO01 is inherited from when the business workplace was still called SAP Office or something like that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both transactions "look the same", but there are differences:

- SO01 checks object S_OC_TCD field TCD id 'SO01' at transaction start, however SBWP does not.

- The program uses SY-TCODE cases to determine which function modules are used, and these are technically different objects.

MSSO0F01
  CASE SY-TCODE.
*  case l_tcode.
    when 'SBWP'.
*     common view of business workplace
      call function 'SINWP_WORKPLACE_CREATE'.
    when 'SO01X'.
*     Inbox classic
      call function 'SIN_OBJECT_LIST_SHOW'
           exporting
                folder_region = in_fol
                folder_id     = inbox_id
                owner         = owner.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Would any one recommend giving access to both t/codes to all users?

0 Kudos

> Would any one recommend giving access to both t/codes to all users?

How can we know which is better for the specific purpose they have in mind? Did they give you an explanation for why they were requesting both transactions, although they appear at first to be functionally the same?

Of interest for you might be that SBWP has been maintained and patched until recently and is included in the Standard Easy Access Menu. A good sign.

The SO01 related function has not been touched in any visible way (to me) since 1998... 10 years ago. A bad sign. The SO0X functions (function group SIN1) are also remote-enabled...

There are some other aspects as well...

The important thing is to ask them why they want access to this old functionality when there is newer functionality. That is generally good to do anyway.

Hope that helps with some ideas,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also had faced such a request recently. Although users had SBWP they were requesting SO01.

Analyzing the reason for the requst, i found that when users have a mail in their SAP inbox and they try to login to the SAP System, a popup comes informing them regarding a new mail arrival in their SAP inbox and when they say OK to it, it calls SO01 transaction code !!!

I gave them a workaround to check the mail from SBWP, however its kina wired.... popup should have called SBWP instead !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks all for the help.