cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices of integration with SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm totally new to SAP Netweaver but I have a task to integrate our system with SAP ECC (R/3). We are using SAP Netweaver 6.4. The goal of integration is to provide for user list of available modules (Sales and Distribution, Human Resource, Payroll, etc) and when user selected for example Payroll we need to display list of available BAPIs. In general weare able to create Enterprise Web Service for some BAPI and consume it. But the problem is that everytime when administrator changed BAPI process (for example added new field to Business Object) we need to regenerate wsdl and change our client application. Does Netweaver provide some Web Service which can retrieve list of applications, list of BAPI processes and can retrieve meta data of some BAPI? Something like Partner Web Service interface?

We are looking for best practices of integration with SAP Netweaver. We are trying to develop something like adapter which will be able to pull data into SAP ECC system is there any generic way to develop this adapter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yura.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Yura,

I agree with Matias, Since the wsdl nests in it the xsd and the soap action..etc, If there is any change that makes

a change to the data types..or xsd elements, that will need to be updated, Best practice here would be to stabilize and nail down your structure in dev..so you have a fixed structure in prod..which has been tested well in QA..

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yura,

BAPI-Synchronous communication is based on tightly coupled applications. If any changes are required we need to modify required places.

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your answers.

Thanks,

Yura.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Matias

ps: please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yura !!

As far as I know, this is not possible yet. Using SAP Netweaver XI/PI, although it adds value to the webservice scenario exposing BAPI functionality, it also needs to maintain a refreshed version of the BAPI definition in its repository. Depeding the complexity of the change in the BAPI structure, maybe PI may allow you to continue working without changes.

Maybe a good practice is not to make too much changes to a production BAPI, instead make a review in development environment, and once it is stable, use it in production. Other good practice is to keep older versions of BAPIs and add the changed ones as new versions to have back-compatibility

Regards,

Matias.