cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blink on a SAP GUI Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have searched OSS, SDN and ABAP code syntax but couldn't find anything on this.

A user asked me if this was possible - and thought I would ask here.

I'm sure I am overlooking something obvious.

Is there a way to make something blink on an SAP GUI screen?

He wanted us to make it blink beside the field for social security number.

That is important for us to capture.

Blinking may help make the customer service rep remember to enter it....but I haven't found a way to make it blink.

Thanks.

Scott Overmeyer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i suggest another way : make the field for social security number as mandatory field . Once this field is marked as mandatory... user have to input data to that field so that this user can continue processing to the next screen or save the document.

If this is standard SAP program, copy that to Z-program (instead of modifying this SAP standard), and then modify this field for social security number as mandatory field.

Or if this is Z-program, make field for social security number as mandatory field.

Ask your ABAP to perform that.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your idea.

There are cases where we cannot enter a social security number.

Government accounts, schools, or even in some cases a customer refuses to give it.

If a customer refuses to give it we will take a contract for them but charge them a deposit and also maybe force them to come in a show proper identification.

So I'm afraid I can't make it mandatory - but I do want the customer service rep to know to push hard to get it.

Thanks again.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have another idea : how about displaying a small pop up window?

But it will not be forced as mandatory field. if they wish to give the data, you will able to input there, but if they refuses, you just press enter or check button to continue to the next screen.

At least, this popup window is considerable "eye-catching enough" to be seen by your customer service representative.

maybe a little modification on your program needed for this idea. ask your ABAP to do this.

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Answers (0)