cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virsa CC Compliance Calibrator 5.2 Role Level Analysis Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Part 1

I would like to know how to run a Role Level Analysis on all of our Role EXCEPT composite roles which all start with ZC:.

Part 2

I would also like to know why there is not a copy paste function. What if I have the names of 50 individual roles that I want to run a report on with all different naming conventions? Is there no way to paste these in? I know I can individual select these one at a time and add another add another etc. However if you have a lot of roles for one functional area I would reall y like to not have to type those in one at a time and one line at a time.

Thanks to all for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our custom tool has been developed in ABAP. The output reports are standard ALV reports that users manipule as desired.

As mentioned also pdf export utility is available.

Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon that is very interesting. Pull the data from ABAP, analyze in Java, and then send back to ABAP. We already have BI but we have 5.2 of CC so I will have to look into it. Can you verify that most companies that use CC are using or have created a way to manipulate the export data from CC in a third part application or tool?

Thanks again.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince

About 50% of my clients use some form of off-line application to create reports that are more appropriate for their usage.

Some create reports for Management reporting where inter-divisional reporting is considered confidential eg: UK can not see France SoD reports.

Others choose to add extra details to their "detailed report" by combining the reports with other information eg: the names of the functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince

I am aware that alot of companies do have frustrations with the reporting capabilities of CC 5.2. In CC 5.3 the internal reports are improved both in the number of reports available and the contents of the reports, however, there will still be a large amount of frustration. As a way of aleviating this frustration in AC 5.3 you will be able to create reports in BI 7.0.3, however, you will still need to have BI 7.0.3 system available. If you don't have that system available then you will still need a 3rd party solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon. We had P** help us with a solution I just wanted to see if there was anything else out there that people were doing. It seems odd that a application would have such reporting faults like this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you develope your solution with Access or SQL?

Thanks for the ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't developed anything. I work for SAP.

An sap partner has just developed the off-line reporting solution. I am not going to give them free advertising or an endorement, but if you contact me directly I will give you their contact names/address. I have not seen their product, but they are happy to discusss demo it with any potential clients.

I only spoke to them about it today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware of a company that has a tool for generating reports from CC/RAR.

If you want to know more please contact me off-line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

In the implementation I am taken part of, we have developed a custom reporting system in order to fullfil the client requirements.

We have developed several reports to show risk analysis results from different point of views (detailed level, high level etc). We also offer the functionality to filter the output report by many criteria (objetc ID, risk ID, risk level, conflict etc)

We finally added a functionality to export data to PDF format.

Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal

If I can ask are you take the data from Excel and formatting what you need from it in Excel or using another appication like a database application (Access) to make the data useable and presentable for Sox reporting?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisel

So how are you using it fully for Sox. We have 173 critical combos that I run reports from within SAP to report on. Did you create hundreds of new functions and risks to use at your company? Also the reports come out in an awful format from CC as a Excel dump that can NOT be easily sorted to be useful. Also the only graphs in the tool are on the from page with Managment Reports everythign else you would have to do manually based on data. Please give me a little more insite as to how you are using the tool.

Thank You

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We donwload the required data from VCC in the form of EXCEL sheet and create a different format as per our requirements manually.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Perm

That is a shame there is not better use of copy/paste or exclusions. Unfortunately we still have many naming ventions Z ZS ZD Z_ Z: ZC ZGN ZFL etc.....It looks like I will have to do everything the hard way.

I would like to ask are you using CC for any SOX reporting or are you still doing all of that from within SAP?

Thanks again...

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you dont mind me replying your query:

I would like to ask are you using CC for any SOX reporting or are you still doing all of that from within SAP?

We are using it full fledged.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince

Unfortunatley there is no paste option in Netweaver , unlike the CC version 4.0 , not even in 5.3 I heard.

Either you have run the risk analysis using ranges where in you can say ZS00* to ZSZZ* ( by running this it should cover all the simple roles ,excluding the composite roles , provided your role naming convention is maintianed well)

I know its quite annoying to key in each role , specailly when your naming convention is all over the place.

you can key in the role names once and save variant for the next time to reuse it .

probably you have noticed already there is custom user group in User analyis tabe ,i wonder why they havent one in Role Anlysis , it would made a bit easier atleast.

Regards

Prem