cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Credit Status Block with Schedule Line ATP Confirmed Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to keep the Credit Status Block on a Sales Order when it is created and over the credit limit and at the same time be able to Confirm the Order Quantity (if inventory is available) on the Schedule Line. Has anyone done this? I'm using ECC 5.0

In the IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basis Functions --> Credit Management/Risk Management --> Credit Management --> Define Automatic Credit Control --> If I remove the Status/Block indicator the schedule line does confirm the sales order quantity but the sales order is not blocked and a delivery can be created.

Thanks.

Donna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Donna,

Think all you got to do is check mark the Document Value field in OVA8 in the "checks" tab. In the 'Reaction' put in a D, and check the Status/Block field.

This should enable you to keep the credit status block on the sales order when it is created over the credit limit, while you can confirm the Quantity in the schedule line.

There is one thing you need to look out for, and that is if you want the credit check to be static or dynamic. Static will let you in easy.

Do let me know if it worked for you.

Cheers

Noel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already had the above setup except for the suggestion to remove the check on the open sales order which I just did and tested. This did not solve my problem.

What is happening is: my sales order DOES NOT get blocked with the credit status block and my schedule line is confirmed with the ordered quantity.

Please let me know if there is something else I can try.

Donna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, have you checked if the Credit control area is assigned to the company code. Check that, and then goto OVAK and check if the sales doc type is assigned to automatic credit control area and the setting in check credit is D. the credit group is 01 (credit group for sales order).

Also check the setting in Enterprise structure > Definition >Financial Accounting > define credit control area.

Something cold be missing there. If you can tell us all the settings in OVA8, we can work on that.

Thanks for you reply.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go to Transfer of requirements-->maintain requirements for transfer of requirements and remove the 101 Routine number so that when credit block on order still the quantity is confirmed to sales order. Because of this Routine it is removing the reservation while in credit block.

I have tested it and it is working. I have similar scenario and it is working fine.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where does the 101 Requirement get assigned to the Sales Order or Schedule Line category? I need to remove the 101 Requirement only on some of the sales orders or schedule line categories.

Thanks.

Donna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls go to SPRO >SD>Basic Functions>availabilty check and requiremets>maintain requirement for transfer of requiremnt

it is not at the sales order level it is at config. once you remove routine 101 then it will consume the inventory eventhough you have credit block.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then this will not work for because I must configure the system for certain schedule line to confirm the quantity when the credit limit block is created and other orders to not confirm the schedule line when the credit limit block is created. I can not have an ALL or NONE situation.

Seems strange that SAP would do this.

I'm I underst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hit post too soon on previous reply.

I want to make sure that I'm understanding it's either all or none?

Thanks.

Donna

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can have either one situtation not both.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I tried what you suggested but the document value only checks the value of the document and I need the static option. When I did try what you said I got the same results .... credit limit block on order and no schedule line confirmation.

Thanks.

Donna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are looking for all the sales order schedule line confirmed while on credit hold then it is the solution. if you need some to block some don't want to confirmed scheduled lines then you need to add some lines of code on same routine 101 based on doc type not to confirm the schedule lines.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donna,

I think I solved your problem.

There are two ways to block the sales order - one is to not confirm the Schedule line i.e. block delivery... block further action that can be taken. The second is to not let the person save the sales order.

Another option is to get Just a warning message, that the credit limit has been exceeded, but able to save the sales order with a confirmed schedule line.

The setting will be in OVA8.

For the Document Value you make the setting C or A. and make sure the block is not set.

Don't worry about the Open order or open delivery unless you want the system to perform a credit check considering the orders that are already existent. Same with open delivery. It will take into account all the cost of the orders that are open for delivery.

Now here some options:

Either consider a 'warning' by the system good enough and still be able to confirm the schedule line.

(ii) Put in a Delivery Block in the Sales Document Types, in the Shipping tab. That way, you will be able to save the sales doc. but not be able to deliver it.

(iii) Put a Billing Block in the Sales Doc type, in the Billing tab. You will be able to deliver but not bill.

(iv) Create a new routine (with the help of an ABAP guy) and place it in the auto credit check, 'Reaction' field where it will place a Delivery Block.

Do let me know what your thoughts are and what you decided to do.

Thanks

Noel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heck today must be a day for solutions.

Another option is that you go to SPRO > SD > Basic Functions> Availability check and transfer of requirements > Transfer of Requirements > Block Quantity Confirmation in Delivery Blocks

Select Deliveries: Blocking reasons/Criteria

Now here you can either create a new entry or go with 01- Credit limits.

there will be Conf. with a check mark on it. Remove that. and to make sure that the sales order is not printed, check mark where it says 'Print' and 'DDueList' (so system wont create delivery automatic).

This way, the sales order will be saved with a confirmed schedule line, but picking or automatic delivery creating wont happen. It will need to be manually processes further on.

Let me know of any questions.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the suggestions but none of them will solve my problem. I need to have a credit block on the static option not the document value - system needs to view all the open sales document values. The credit block must be used this is how the credit department processes all credit blocks on sales orders. I can use 2 different methods.

I think I will need to have our development team write code in a userexit to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Donna

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Please go to Transfer of requirements-->maintain requirements for transfer of requirements and remove the 101 Routine number so that when credit block on order still the quantity is confirmed to sales order. Because of this Routine it is removing the reservation while in credit block.

I have tested it and it is working. I have similar scenario and it is working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system is putting the credit block on and not confirming the schedule line, you can write a piece of logic in the MV45AFZZ include to overcome that, by removing that credit block first and confirm the schedule line and then put the credit block again.

Try this logic and it might work.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donna,

If i have understood your requirement correctly, i think what you need is that after a sales order gets created with credit block, the system should not allow creation of delivery.

For this, go to credit management ( SD - Basic Functions ).

There you have a setting for assigning the documents types to the relevant credit group.

Select ' Credit limit check for order types '.

Choose your given order type and in the field 'Check Credit' select option C.

Hope this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donna,

Try following

The possible sollution will be

Go to OVA8 Screen

Using th standard update group only

Simply tick on

static check= tick + Reaction =D + Tick Status Block + Tick Open deliveries only(do not tick open orders)

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi donna ,

goto transaction code ova8 select your credit control area , risk category and credit group and click in details

In the Status / Block check the field this will block your sales order when the credit limit is exceeded .

Also check on Open order and Open delieveries

Regards

Aditya .