cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Super-Administrator Unable To Use quick link /message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am unable to use the quicklink /message because it says I do not have authorization to use the function. It says I need to request

authorization, by contacting one of the administrators at my company.

Well, I am a Super-administrator.

By the way, after clicking on HOME, under "Learn More", I clicked on "Information for New Super-administrators" and was taken to "Detailed Information for Super-Administrators." Item 4.a is titled "How to proceed if you do not have full authorization as a super-administrator?" It says:

"In case you do not have full authorization, create a message (quick link /message) with component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR and request the assignment of the missing authorizations."

As I mentioned above, I am unable to use /message, because I don't appear to have authorization. So it's going to be hard for me to report, via using /message, that I cannot use /message.

As you can see, I am stuck in a loop. Any suggestions?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

In this case, you will need to call your SAP support number and tell them about the situation and ask them to create a message for you manually.

Assuming that you are in the US based on your business card, here is the support number for you to call:

Phone +1 800-677-7271 (toll free within North America) 7x24

They may ask you the installation number for your company as well, so it would speed things up if you already know that number.

Thanks.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Sorry that you are frustrated. I'll move this to Netweaver Administration which would be a more appropriate forum to get an answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did face this issue,but after some time i just logged off and then logged in then this issue was resolved.

Hmmm wait for some time then well hope it will be rectified.

Regards,

Vamshi.