cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New App Server(Dialog Instance) Inst and configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on version 4.6B ( Win 2003/ MS SQL ). We installed an addtional application server ( dialog instance ) and attached it to our production instance. I have following querie -

When i go to SM51, i see all the other app servers have " Dialog Update Spool Backg " etc under the column "Ty.", but for this newly installed app server, it ONLY shows dialog. Moreover the hardware config is exactly same as that of any other app serveres we have but still the newly installed app server has ONLY 7 dialog work processors where as other app servers have more than 10 dialog work processor and other work processors too. How can i make the new app server similar to other ?

Thanks for your help.

-NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to change the profile parameter rdisp/wp_no_dia from 7 to 10. The parameter can be found in the Instance profile.Once the change has been made, you need to restart the application server.

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveed for your reply.

Can you please let me know how can i have other work processors as well, like spool, backg, update, up2 ?

Can you please tell me what is the max no of work processors i can assign in total ?

thanks,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know how can i have other work processors as well, like spool, backg, update, up2 ?

You can do that by adding follwoing parameters:

Background: rdisp/wp_no_btc

Update: rdisp/wp_no_vb

Update2: rdisp/wp_no_vb2

Spool: rdisp/wp_no_spo

Can you please tell me what is the max no of work processors i can assign in total ?

The answer to this will depend on the hardware that you are running. If your new application server is the same size (CPU &Memory) as your other application server I would say it would be safe to bump up the processes to the same number as you have on your other application servers.

Hope this helps

Naveed

Answers (0)