cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPL / TPSSHT01 - Issues with shipment creation from external TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are using external TMS system to create shipment documents in SAP. We are using standard SAP interface SHIPPL / TPSSHT01 to create inbound shipment document. This interface does create a shipment document but does not have any deliveries assign to it. System does update the delivery status for the deliveries in the inbound idoc to complete when idoc is processed. I have two segments which hold delivery number E1TPSHA & E1TPSHI.

Is there any config I have to set or idoc segment need to be populated to get the shipment created with deliveries? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Robby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find some solution for the same or not ?

How are you managing ?

I am facing issue with LSQNUM field in E1TPSLS segment in Inbound IDOC created through External TMS.

We are using external TMS system to create shipment documents in SAP. We are using standard SAP interface SHIPPL / TPSSHT01 to create inbound shipment document

In the process of recieving Inbound IDOC from Thrid Party Transportation Management System through SHIPPL(TPSSHT01), in the segment E2TPSLS-Tranportation Points LSQNUM field is taking 000001 for multiple E2TPSLS Segments.

But the documentation says as below:

Sequential numbering of locations visited or transportation points involved in the shipment run.

The location number must be in sequence specification form and should be specified beginning with 1 in ascending order with no gaps.

This leads me to believe that LSQNUM should be sequential u2013 starting from 1 each time we encounter this field, we increment it. For example an IDoc with 2 E2TPSLS Segments, LSQNUM should be 1 in the first segment and 2 in the second. But when we give 2 for the second segment it is not accepting and taking always LSQNUM as 1.

When do we need to do sequencing and when will the value of 1 always work?

Maybe you can offer more information about what this field actually does in SAP?

· E1TPSLS : Load transfer point in shipment

Segment definition E2TPSLS Released since Release 31G , Segment length: 0016

LSQNUM : Sequence number of itinerary location in transportation

internal data type : CHAR

Internal length : 000006 characters

Position in segment : 001, Offset : 0063. external length : 000006

Could you help me out.

Thanks&Regards

Sreekanth