cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost ABAPer in Netweaver world

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please tell me if CRM/SRM/SCM functional will be right choice for going *oversea* onsite and salarywise as i already know ABAP...so good chance of becomimng

Techno-funcional.So that my ABAP knowledge is utilised.

Please tell me if knowing ABAP only is sufficient to be technofunctional in Above modules or its manadatory to know BW/Dynpro etc also.

OR

Its better to move into BI/XI.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dude,

how did you lean ABAP becuase you have been trained on that... if you get any training on SRM/CRM/SCM definately any one can learn thing easily...it's not at all a big deal...... all you need is good training and a good mentor (Your Sr team mate ) who knows about this modules and working on that project quite a long

Salay wise I can't comment on that...but i can say that definately you will pick up knowledge of these modules very will becauase a are a technical guy......

Just go ahead and explore your self....

All the bes

rg

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer for answer.Please clarify me if u are talking about SRM-technical or SRM-Functional as i am interested in functional.By mistake i didnt clarified my Functional-SRM context in earlier reply.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not that hard to become a Funtional Guy all you need to learn in SRM the configuration part and the concept wise you should be strong...just know what exactly happens when "a event " occurs.... my advice is that learn the technical part of srm you will know the funtionality easily as in market they prefer Techno -Funtional SRM professional rather than Funtional Guy, and also a Techno-Funtional guy has more importance in module like SRM/CRM/SCM

Rg

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It is easy to get jobs in technical area, as more number of jobs, it is always advantege for techno functional salarywise but you may have less openings in functional area compared to technical( I am presently SRM functional, but I worked as ABAP consultant earlier)

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Sreedhar Vetcha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the earlier reply.

I will be extreamly thankful if you will resolve my following queries.

1)Will you please tell me what exact abap is used in SRM.

2)Secondly being an ABAPer is it manageble to learn SRM without domain experience.Are these candidates without doamin exp. considered by organisations in india as well as overseas.

3)Also please tell me howz the market for higher end modules.

Thanks.

Edited by: sandeep d on Jul 11, 2008 8:40 AM

Edited by: sandeep d on Jul 11, 2008 8:41 AM