cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magical moving table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with the vertical scrollbar in a WDA table.

The table has 5 visible rows and the parameter is set so that it displays the scrollbar and not the standard navigation buttons.

If I create > 5 rows, when I scroll to the last row, there suddenly appears an ever-expanding white space both above and below the table rows. The table menu stays in place, but the column headers and the table lines are gradually pushed off the bottom of the screen.

This space just keeps on growing indefinitely, until I click the scrollbar again, which causes the white space to disappear and the screen to return to normal, with the last visible row now being the one before the last.

If I try again to scroll to the last line, the whole thing starts again.

Anybody seen anything similar to this?

System is ECC 6

Package levels:

SAP_BASIS 700 0013

SAP_ABA 700 0013

Kernel 114

GUI 640 patch level 19

It could be a kernel issue.

In the dev. system, I don't have this problem and the only difference seems to be that the kernel patch is 166.

Thanks,

Mike Speight

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That is defintely a strange situation. The kernel seems like an unlikely cause of the problem because most of the rendering capabilties of the Web Dynpro framework are not within the kernel - but then again you never know.

I would suggest that you open a support ticket and let the experts take a look at the problem. I doesn't sound like something that you should have been able to do by yourself (even if configuring something incorrectly).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Thomas.

I will open the ticket and post any results back to this thread.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I tried logging this with SAP, but there answer was:

"The circumstances you have described relate to a consulting issue

rather than giving evidence of a possible error and/or bug with

standard delivered SAP products and/or documentation."

so they are refusing to do anything about this issue.

I will have to change the application to use the old method of scrolling in tables.

Very unsatisfactory.

Mike Speight

Answers (0)