cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui as MSI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

that's my first post and i am not sure if i am posting in the right forum :).

Well, there's a problem i've read several times posted by other people and now the problem is also a problem of mine.

We need to roll-out the SAP-Gui 7.10 on "serveral" machines. So, as you can imagine, the problem is that there is no MSI provided by SAP and the possibility with an installation server/logon script is not possible here. Did anybody of you solved this problem?

I really would be pleased if anyone can help me

Best regards,

Tim Muthmann

PS: Please excuse my bad english

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not the right forum - there's an own SAPGUI forum

But to answer your question (or give you an idea):

There is something like an installation server (coming with the installation) and you can "push" the GUIs to the clients, no need to use a login script.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for your (very) fast answer But as is said in my post, we dont have the possibility to use an installation server.

Best regards,

Tim

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do people get the MSI file? Via mail?

With the newest version you can also create a package (on an installation server - remotely) and create a single package install from that installation server.

Markus

Rudi_Wiesmayr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Markus!

Is this a new Compilation 2 feature?

Servus,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. No in Compilation 1 you can also create the Packages. Regards.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - see

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

that's it ;o)

Best regards,

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain how you need to install this on "several" machines, try to example on other programs are already installed on this PC's. In SAPGUI you can install directly from DVD,shared folder or HARD copy of your DVD if you can't use "Installation Server".Read about "own packages" ,read the SAPGUI manual , about /noDlg and /silent command line parameters. Regards

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Jul 10, 2008 11:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

We don't want to use the logon method, because we can't be sure that the installation was succesfully and unfortunatly we do not have any free ressources for the "installation server"-method.

Usually we distribute software to the pcs with msi package - thats the reason why the title is "SAP Gui as MSI?"

Did someone may have the SAPGui 7.10 already packaged as a msi file by hand?

Regards,

Tim