cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML PORT for collecting idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

My scenario is IDOC-FILE and i need to collect idocs and send it to XI. So i am using XML PORT. Can we use same XML PORT for different IDOCS.

Because i am facing an error in receiving the Vendor master, but i am getting Customer master.

The vendor master is reaching the directory that i specified in sender communication channel. but it is not reaching the directory specified in Receiver communication channel.

Thanks in Advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shanti,

I think we can use the same xml port..for different idoc types..but instead change the file name for these different idoc types while you specify the directory path in the port ,and the function module is the same....

As you said it is throwing error...just try with creating another xml port...and let me know if it is accepting or throwing any error

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kumari,

How can we give two names for the directory in WE21 for same PORT, we have only one field for Directory. There i have mentioned "XML_FILE".

In ID sender CC, i have mentioned source directory "/XI/XML_FILE/"

I am using this for both VENDOR MASTER AND CUSTOMER.But only customer master is working.

Thanks in advance.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can able to use the same port.

In your case: Vendor masters Means (manage the file name starts with V) and configure your sender adapter with file name starts with V*.

Now you can able to handle the different files with same port.

Boopathi