cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting F4 help based on some input in webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some problem implementing search help in webdynpro application.

We have created a context and applied the standard searchhelp with that but the thing is we need to set input on that search help.

Like we have search help for Region, in standard it displays the regions based on the country selected but in webdynpro it is displaying all the values, so can u help us in restricting the values based on country.

thanks & regards...

Gaurav Makin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implemented OVS for the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer to these examples

wdr_f4_collective,wdr_f4_elementary,wdr_f4_settings

baskaran00
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Makin,

I can suggest you to go for OVS help, in OVS u can give input and based on input u can select data.

U can refer the blog

Thanks...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Makin,

> I can suggest you to go for OVS help, in OVS u can give input and based on input u can select data.

>

> U can refer the blog

>

> Thanks...

I have to disagree. Why code up an OVS where you would have to create all the value help logic when you can acomplish the same thing with a standard DDic value help - only needing to create the proper DDic structure and reference that in the context. With the correct structuring of the data you should be able to reuse the standard code rather than reinventing it yourself.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Some search helps narrow their selection via SET/GET parameter IDs. This functionality unfortunetely is not supported in Web Dynpro ABAP.

For importing of additional parameters, the values must be able to be found in the same context node:

Be aware that import and export parameters for the search help are determined only within the same context node (see also Transport of Values for the Input Help), and even then only if a Dictionary structure is assigned to the node.

Here is the extended help document that describes this in more detail:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/35/bdb6e2c48411d1950800a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm