cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a dropdown list within a Native Adobe Interactive Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I hope somebody can help me with my problem. We are now on CE7.1 and now we can make use of the fact that we don't need the ACF component anymore if you use the "native" version of the interactive form. I am playing around with it and i can't get the solution how to fill a drop-down list in my IF. In the ActiveX version a used a SAP Help drop-down list and use this piece of code to populate my drop-down list:

// Setup contents of a drop down list dynamically

IWDAttributeInfo depInfo = wdContext.nodeDataSource().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("department");

ISimpleTypeModifiable depType = depInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

IModifiableSimpleValueSet<String> depValueSet = depType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

depValueSet.put("1","Java");

depValueSet.put("2","Abap");

When i use this piece of code within the native variant of my interactive form, it's not working.

I hope somebody can tell me how to solve this problem or where i can find some documentation.

Kind regards,

Jiandong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiandong,

The code should work fine with Native form also. You need to select the Dropdown UI element from WDP Native libraray.

Let me know if this doesnt work or you have already tried this.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arafat

I have already tried it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiandong,

One more thing that you have to do here is:

Go to the binding tab of the dropdown, selec the mapped context attribute and then click on the "Specify Item Values" link just under the mapping box.

In the Items text field, change the "REPLACE_THIS" text with the current node structure. Like if you are having context structure like:

node1 -> node2 -> ddAttribute

then you need to put node1.node2 in place of "REPLACE_THIS".

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat